Home

Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation

This is a discussion on Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Peter Moore - Committed to Digital Transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I agree that getting on FB is a good idea for them. The more exposure they get, the more recognizable their brand name becomes.

You say you're sure EA has already done Market surveys, but why are you so sure? Would you bet your house on it? I wouldn't it. I have been playing madden for 20 yrs and I have never ever ever ever ever seen an official survey or an official poll or anything asking why you did or didn't like Madden. I do surveys online all the time for NPD, moneyforsurveys, and a few other sites and I have never had them ask me about Madden or any EA game for that matter. I will tell you this though, I do get questions about other games from time to time. Then again, I just may have never seen one. It could happen. Has anyone else ever seen an official survey asking about madden?
I also said I'm not privy to any information. I'll assume as everyone else does on the forums that a company as big as EA would do surveys. I doubt those surveys hit the hardcore audience, except for last year when Ian asked for a top 25 wish list at OS.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #58
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Peter Moore has been talking about having Madden appeal to more causal gamers since he came to EA. They sorta went that way with Madden 09. What most people don't understand is that if you're going to run a successful business, you're going to look for the best ways to make money. Most of us know that the masses that play Madden are not as hard-core or as interested in simulation football as most of us are on this forum. It would be more profitable for EA to appeal largely to those guys, but I highly doubt that the current standard of "Everything you see on Sunday, See it in Madden NFL" has gone away. I don't think it makes any sense at all for us to take very early information and try to predict the outcome of a product that has yet to even release its first bit of concrete information.
What you're saying is almost impossible to do. You can't please the casuals and the hardcores as well. They are 2 opposites. That's like traveling North and South at the same time, you can't do it, well unless you're on Lost or something. "Everything you see on Sunday, See it in Madden NFL" is their slogan, but I highly doubt that's their standard.

I'm not going to get into this again. I'm going to sit back and let the info release. It seems that after one year of a pretty good game of Madden everyone has forgotten who they're dealing with. People, who a few years ago said they'll never buy another EA game again, are now saying I trust EA to do the right thing. After just one year? Ha. We'll see. I may have egg on my face come August, but if I do that means we got an awesome game and I'll be happy to wipe that egg off and continue playing madden 11.

Last edited by splff3000; 03-20-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #59
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I also said I'm not privy to any information. I'll assume as everyone else does on the forums that a company as big as EA would do surveys. I doubt those surveys hit the hardcore audience, except for last year when Ian asked for a top 25 wish list at OS.
Not trying to be a contrarian or anything, but why wouldn't it hit the hardcore audience? We shop at gamestop(well, some of us), Walmart, and places like that. We go to all the same places that casuals go to. How would they separate us from the casuals so that they can only ask them and not ask us? Like I said, I may have just missed one or something, but I doubt it.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Not trying to be a contrarian or anything, but why wouldn't it hit the hardcore audience? We shop at gamestop(well, some of us), Walmart, and places like that. We go to all the same places that casuals go to. How would they separate us from the casuals so that they can only ask them and not ask us? Like I said, I may have just missed one or something, but I doubt it.
I also said though that Ian gave us a wishlist of 25 last year. If that's not a survey to the hardcore audience, then I don't know what is.

I just don't think Best Buy or Wally World would hand out surveys from EA at checkout for everyone purchasing Madden.

Again, who knows.

Last edited by roadman; 03-21-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #61
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Are you talking about create a playbook or are you talking about just moving plays around within the same playbook? If it's the latter, I don't understand the point. I mean how painful is it to go 2 or 3 pages over to find the play that you want. These aren't Mike Martz gigantic playbooks we have in Madden. Hell, these aren't even APF2k8 playbooks. Actually, it seems to defeat the purpose because at some point you have to actually go to where that play is and move it. If you know where the play is, then why do you need to move it lol. The only thing I can see this being useful for is if you only call a few plays on offense. You can move those few plays to the front so you don't have to look over the whole playbook to get to them. That's about the only use for this that I can think of. Correct me if I'm wrong.
APF2K8 is really create a playbook as you can add/remove any play that's available and order them any way you desire, including the sets, formations, and plays. I used it to put the plays that I knew I needed in specific situations to where I could find them the easiest. This was more true for defense than offense. I'm guessing that's what we'll be able to do in M11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

I've been reading this board for many yrs ... This is plyrznumber1 btw. I was banned here permanently over a year ago because I didn't share a fond opinion of EA.

Anyway ... roadman if you're not making money from EA you need to be. I've NEVER, EVER, in the entirety of my life have seen somebody so zealously defend a game company to the extent you do. If you're not getting paid by EA you need therapy, seriously.

That goes for "bgamer" or whatever his name is too.

There would be so many good points brought up about just how badly EA is bending us over (the football gaming fan), but the mods do a fine job filtering an entire community of sports gaming fans from being able to say that here.

Be careful Valderez ... you're walking a fine line ... I will NOT be the least bit surprised if you find yourself banned by a twitchy finger board-admin here who social-networks with Ian. Mods dont like EAs integrity being in question .. and that's something you've been questioning consistently more often recently.

I dont know why we have to believe what EA, their PR people, and their Devs say in order to save our operation sports account (I was an account holder from 2001-2008 with no problems until I got increasingly frustrated with EA and their lies). How can I be at fault for advising people to not believe a word they say .... especially after last yrs fiasco? Incredibly, we can't question the company's integrity w/o being alienated by the mods/admin staff here and eventually banned. I can say if they were actually honest .. but how many times does that company have to backhand us and spit on us before we get fed up? This site as a 'neutral source' for gaming discussion is a total farce. Still can't believe so many intelligent people are here supporting this site still.

Signed,
Befuddled Veteran Football Gamer

Last edited by DumbOSMod; 03-21-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbOSMod

Anyway ... roadman if you're not making money from EA you need to be. I've NEVER, EVER, in the entirety of my life have seen somebody so zealously defend a game company to the extent you do. If you're not getting paid by EA you need therapy, seriously.
Thanks for the suggestion.

For someone that continuously lurks here after being banned permanently, who needs the therapy?

And for someone that still lurks, you are not reading everything. I've stated countless times that I didn't like several Maddens, but you read what you want to read.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #64
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbOSMod
I've been reading this board for many yrs ... This is plyrznumber1 btw. I was banned here permanently over a year ago because I didn't share a fond opinion of EA.

That goes for "bgamer" or whatever his name is too.

There would be so many good points brought up about just how badly EA is bending us over (the football gaming fan), but the mods do a fine job filtering an entire community of sports gaming fans from being able to say that here.

Be careful Valderez ... you're walking a fine line ... I will NOT be the least bit surprised if you find yourself banned by a twitchy finger board-admin here who social-networks with Ian. Mods dont like EAs integrity being in question .. and that's something you've been questioning consistently more often recently.

I dont know why we have to believe what EA, their PR people, and their Devs say in order to save our operation sports account (I was an account holder from 2001-2008 with no problems until I got increasingly frustrated with EA and their lies). How can I be at fault for advising people to not believe a word they say .... especially after last yrs fiasco? Incredibly, we can't question the company's integrity w/o being alienated by the mods/admin staff here and eventually banned. I can say if they were actually honest .. but how many times does that company have to backhand us and spit on us before we get fed up? This site as a 'neutral source' for gaming discussion is a total farce. Still can't believe so many intelligent people are here supporting this site still.

Signed,
Befuddled Veteran Football Gamer
My experience has been fairly positive when you present your view in a well thought out manner. The one thing that typically gets your threads locked / moderated is when you blindly lash out. I have had that happen. I exercise my frustrations via my blogs now instead of threads on the forums. Usually my goal is just to vent, not to necessarily tell a board of folks who may, or may not agree with me. The blogs provide a good outlet for my frustrations which are typically limited to 'Overlay Ads'. heh

I have had a couple of innocuous posts moderated (one referencing my signature as proof I was a troll), but when I explained the context of the posts they were removed. The best thing to do is ask why it was moderated if the explanation in the infraction is not clear, and then to explain to the moderator why they mistook the post. For the most part the mods don't know who we are, they read hundreds of posts/threads a day and they pop in a thread, out of a thread, and only see a single post and thus may not fully understand the context.

Keeping the lack of context in mind, there are times when the mods don't fully know the forums they moderated. For example, in the Sliders forums, at least ever 5th thread seems to be 'what is the best set of sliders'. I posted a thread titled 'The Absolutely BEST Sliders' as a way to have a little fun in the forum, only to have it closed with the mod telling me that it needed to be moved to the movie forum and that it wasn't funny. I disagreed with the moderators actions as did other members who PM'd me about it and I could have posted a thread complaining or taken it up with another mod, but there are some hills that just aren't worth dying over. So long story here is, not ever bad mod action is not only 'not intentional', but they aren't all worth fighting.

Last edited by Valdarez; 03-21-2010 at 11:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »