Home

Are we going to get an auto generator for the franchise mode draft?

This is a discussion on Are we going to get an auto generator for the franchise mode draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Are we going to get an auto generator for the franchise mode draft?

Look I realize certain people are/were thrilled with the amazing draft classes. Those people tend to be the people who only play franchise mode once or twice. That is fine but they would be happy either way.

I think the developers realize this when I say the best draft class is the autogenerated one. I'm not talking pre made draft classes where you can only play one 30 year franchise then not be able to play against cause you already know every player in every draft.

Now I'm going to give ian and company the benefit of the doubt that last year classes were only temporary. Cause I just know they dont expect this years madden to have premade draft classes that get old after a week.

Looman said his goal was just to get us started with franchise features. Now I understand that but I can only hope that madden 11 does not have the same set premade draft classes that will get old after one go around.

Did I enjoy the draft classes the first time I played franchise mode? Yes I did. Did I enjoy the draft classes the 2nd go around? Hell no. My point is simple, franchise mode will be horrible this year if we dont get autogenerated draft classes that are as good or almost as good as the premade.

Heres what the autogenerated classes must get right.

1. Variety.
2.Different players for different schemes.(like 3-4 rushers and 4-3 rushers)
3. Specific percentage of boom or bust players with busts and with studs of course.

Madden 11 MUST have autogenerated drafts that have the minimal things I listed or franchise mode will be unplayable indeed.

This is not a wishlist for this is just an ask of opinion of the people.

Do you want auto-generated classes? or do you prefer premade classes that get old after a week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Are we going to get an auto generator for the franchise mode draft?

auto generated i didnt even use the created ones just NCAA, but more than that i want the NCAA classes to be more realistic like Tebow not being the best QB in the draft
Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
auto generated i didnt even use the created ones just NCAA, but more than that i want the NCAA classes to be more realistic like Tebow not being the best QB in the draft
Im wit you on that because i dont like playing with fake players in Madden. Ionly play wit imported draft from NCAA and I wish they would just do away wit the madden draft and start working with NCAA team and open up the draft and make it like it is in real life and let us draft who ever we choose to draft. This way both the games go togather and we as fans will play the game like we see it on tv.. This way ever draft that comes into Maddewill always be a challenge to oot and find draft that RB that played for what ever school and his stats where outstanding and was a sleeper because everbody trying to get the name brand players. See by doing this we would not be limited on who we could draft because we could draft who ever from any team with a wide open draft feature.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Please bring back auto generated draft classes.
Pre determined classes take the fun out of starting new franchises, your going to see the same players in each franchise. I don't like that.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

They just need to randomise names.

eg.

Franchise 1:

QB Tim Tribow -------- 85 throw power/ 65 accuracy / 90 truck
HB Lemarcus Taylor---- 95 speed/ 99 spin/ 99 juke
LT John Ryan --------- 90 pass blk/ 85 run blk
DE Steven Sawyer ---- 90 finesse / 82 speed

Franchise 2:

QB John Sawyer -----80(-5) thrw pw/ 70(+5)thw acc/ 85(-5)trk
HB Steven Ryan ----- 99(+4) speed/ 94 spin(-5)/ 97 (-2) juke
LT Tim Taylor ------- 87(-3) pass blk/ 89(+4) run blk
DE Lemarcus Tribow-- 86(-4) finesse/ 85(+3) speed

All the same names can remain in the database but the First names and Surnames aren't mutually exclusive, they can be inserted into any generated player.
Preferably I would also like the fixed atrributes to have a range of around 5 either direction for some more variety

As you can see, the difference between Franchise 1 and 2 are that the player's names have been attributed to different positions and the fixed player ratings (*with variance of 5 for variety).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Please bring back auto generated draft classes.
Pre determined classes take the fun out of starting new franchises, your going to see the same players in each franchise. I don't like that.

Ty surely there has to be more hype about this. This IS franchise mode.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
i want the NCAA classes to be more realistic like Tebow not being the best QB in the draft
Well there's nothing they can really do about that. In NCAA he's rated a 99 with amazing stats. Of course he's going to come out as a good QB. If you want them to be more realistic then lower his throwing stats in NCAA. It's not like they can make the imported Tebow have trouble dropping back, taking snaps under center, and reading defenses.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Rookie

they could give us the option of editing draft classes like nba 2k10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »