Home

Do we need a Jukestick 2.0 feature to counter Hitstick 2.0?

This is a discussion on Do we need a Jukestick 2.0 feature to counter Hitstick 2.0? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Do we need a Jukestick 2.0 feature to counter Hitstick 2.0?

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to create separation between you and a tackler and he warps in front of you (from an extremely bad angle) and knocks the crap out of you for a fumble. In video games there is always a counter or a block move I think this would be help in Madden. I am all about stopping the abuse of certain features. You have some guys that use it on every play!! Just think if the Hitstick missed here and there with a nicely timed Jukestick move it would help. I think madden 11 would benefit from some new juke animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Do we need a Jukestick 2.0 feature to counter Hitstick 2.0?

yes
Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
yes
+1
Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

the right stick in madden is kinda just there i use it but i also get good results with my left stick too. i think using the stick in sequence could get a better result the left stick controls the angle or direction while the right stick controls the actual move so if u push up you'll get the guy to put his should down regardless of what kind of back the result would be different depending on momentum a smaller back may bounce off the tackle and lose balance where a bigger back would run over player kinda of what it is now. the juking and spinning moves would be different they should be able to be used as a combo if done correctly. you should be able to do a shimmy and spin or shimmy and stiff arm or use it to hop in to holes. pushing down on the right control you should be able to direct you fb or lineman in front of you to set up your block.

of course a big component in this would be the AI logic for blocking but that's not what we are talking bout right now.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

No. The hit stick just needs to be fixed. Adjusting one feature to match a broken one ends in 2 broken features.

Footwork, momentum & player interaction are the source of many problems in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

NO!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
No. The hit stick just needs to be fixed. Adjusting one feature to match a broken one ends in 2 broken features.

Footwork, momentum & player interaction are the source of many problems in Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

what do you think needs fixed i think the reaction of it needs fixed, but overall i think its a sensitivity issue, but your right if the momentum and footwork were better either one wouldn't be an issue.

i had put in a wishlist blog that the square button and the hitstick should be two different types of animations with diffrent outcomes. hitstick should be a forearm or shoulder tackle , with the added bonus of becoming a penalty for leading with helmet . square should be a body on body tackle with the extra benefit of being in the right position of stripping the ball. otherwise they perform a tackle. this would help the pro tack inthe sense if you do have asome one in a wrap tackle some one could come over and hit stick the pile but it must be the player, if he hits his own man that started the tackle the player can branch out of the tackle (that's actually how most big runs happens in the NFL is because of another defensive person hitting his own man.).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »