Home

Would This Add To The Immersion To You?

This is a discussion on Would This Add To The Immersion To You? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is This a Good Idea?
Yes 20 51.28%
No 19 48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Would This Add To The Immersion To You?

I guess I got the answer I suspected. Oh well, maybe one day...
Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I like the idea.

There are devs who work on game play and devs who work on other areas. I just know that Looman is supposed to work on franchise, so I would rather he work on the depth of franchise instead of head shots... but it would be nice in the future.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 19

It is a pretty cool idea......However I doubt it will ever be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 13

Even though I said "Yes" it would be extremely difficult. EA would first have to probably pay each person for their headshot, even though some would probably volunteer. They would also have to have each person sign a contract so that they can't sue them, because legally you can't just go and take pictures of people without their permission, and I'm sure there would be someone out there who would try to sue EA for taking their picture even though they said it was ok. Not to mention the time it would take to develop them. Then would you want a 315 pound players' picture to be some skinny guy? I don't think it would be very authentic. If there was some way that magically all of these things didn't happen and we could bring hundreds of stranger faces into the game, then yea it would be a good idea.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 13

that'd be pretty awesome. i support the idea. not sure it'll ever happen, but i'm behind it. also dig the guys 'get a coupon, have a chance to be in a madden 12 draft class. that'd be awesome.

i played a game where the created players had real faces. i think it was nba live or something.. not something i got into really. point is, i don't think it'd be that difficult.

+1 from me, dude
Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
Even though I said "Yes" it would be extremely difficult. EA would first have to probably pay each person for their headshot, even though some would probably volunteer. They would also have to have each person sign a contract so that they can't sue them, because legally you can't just go and take pictures of people without their permission, and I'm sure there would be someone out there who would try to sue EA for taking their picture even though they said it was ok. Not to mention the time it would take to develop them. Then would you want a 315 pound players' picture to be some skinny guy? I don't think it would be very authentic. If there was some way that magically all of these things didn't happen and we could bring hundreds of stranger faces into the game, then yea it would be a good idea.
IMO, this would be why it is not done. At the very least though, we should be allowed to bring in our own scanned images.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #15
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it's a great idea for the image of your rookie on the roster. And, especially, if you were to see this rookie's image in a Sportscenter/NFL Network weekly wrap up show.

I think it's asking too much, more than likely, to have ALL of these guys' heads scanned, though. I would be fine with just real pictures of human beings for the rosters, and then MUCH MORE varied scanned faces for the actual rookies.

The one issue you'd run into, as always, is that you get into seasons 3, 4, and 5, and see a rookie LB who has the exact same picture as a guy you drafted two years ago. But I guess that'll always be an issue, cause you probably can't create 1,000+ unique faces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I forget what year, but NBA 2K did this. They had random, but real head shots of people for the rookies. I didn't like it, as they were pretty much being recycled through the players. Each player's head shot wasn't unique.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »