Home

Anyone Ever Do a 32 Team UNCAPPED 'chise?

This is a discussion on Anyone Ever Do a 32 Team UNCAPPED 'chise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone Ever Do a 32 Team UNCAPPED 'chise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Where do I go to change this option? Uncap?
Only at the start of a 'chise. After the team select screen, you select salary cap on/off.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

I sometimes run a 32-team franchise, but I've always left the cap on. Here's what I do:

I always clear the CPU cap penalties when the pop-up appears (but never my own penalties - no need to cheat). This usually takes care of the CPU's cap trouble.

If they still have cap trouble after clearing their penalties (may happen with one or two teams per season), I view that teams roster, assort it by cap number (to see who's making the most), and I'll cut the person who's making way more than he should be. For instance, if there's a player who's 35 years old, 74 OVR (because of his age), and making 10 million a year. I'm cutting him.

I like to give the CPU GMs a little bit of an edge to make up for the fact that I usually draft better than they do.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece
I went thru 5 seasons and I never saw any problems, actually I never saw any crazy contracts either..Teams just seemed smarter.
These need to happen occasionally.

I think a player that performs way above expectations for multiple seasons should get a big time offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
I sometimes run a 32-team franchise, but I've always left the cap on. Here's what I do:

I always clear the CPU cap penalties when the pop-up appears (but never my own penalties - no need to cheat). This usually takes care of the CPU's cap trouble.

If they still have cap trouble after clearing their penalties (may happen with one or two teams per season), I view that teams roster, assort it by cap number (to see who's making the most), and I'll cut the person who's making way more than he should be. For instance, if there's a player who's 35 years old, 74 OVR (because of his age), and making 10 million a year. I'm cutting him.

I like to give the CPU GMs a little bit of an edge to make up for the fact that I usually draft better than they do.
This is exactly the way I do I as well....the problem is if you forget to stay on top of it things can get bad quickly.

I usually try to remember to go through each teams roster and re-sign good, high priced players in the last year of their contract to lower their cap hit (example, P. Manning earns like 16 million in his last year so I re-sign him for 3-4 years and his cap hit is down to like 12 mil).

What I was hoping is that removing the salary cap could cut down on all the maintenance needed to keep the franchise realistic.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

My current Chise is uncapped, and I do have a few issues with it.

For one, the CPU will only rarely let a star go to FA.

After five seasons, all 32 teams are well above what the theoretical cap is.

Another problem I've noticed is the 49er's who have loaded up on RB's they have Gore and Jones-Drew. Both who should be starters for a team. While this would make a great (financially unfeasible) 1-2 combo IRL, madden doesn't split the carries well enough. So one guy is going to start regressing....

Of course the problem I have with caps is how easy it is to get into cap trouble. I guess it's not 100% clear to me how the finances work....
Old 04-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Are you able to stay disciplined about not stacking your own team? I have pretty good willpower but I am afraid of caving and keeping a lot of guys I sholuldn't.

I might start one and see what happens.

Yes I am...the game will get Cheesy really quick if you start playing Yankee ball. A loaded NFL team blowing everybody out by 30 and averaging 50 points a game is not fun...its not fun because it's probably not gonna ever happen.

Now if this was NCAA I could forgive it because its possible for a school to be loaded like that and score a **** load of points. But in the NFL not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »