Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Locomotion w/ Videos and L.T. Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Locomotion w/ Videos and L.T. Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #57
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Locomotion w/ Videos and L.T. Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Wow! Just, wow!

I am elated that agility will affect players so visibly, such that the quick twitch turnarounds will actually produce stumbles by players without elite agility ratings. I'm hoping that even those top-end agility guys will still not be able to do some of the directional changes possible in this year's game, but this is already an incredible difference.

Even more impressive to me was the video on acceleration. I've never seen a football game that translated this rating so well. Beyond cool. I can imagine how this will separate short area possession route guys who can make it happen in 10-12 yards from guys with long speed who can outrun you over longer distances.

This is really phenomenal work.
APF2K8 had a clear distinction between acceleration (Quick Feet) and Speed (Speed Burner). The easiest to see was quick feet which affected their ability to get to top speed and was critical for making turns, or pretty much doing anything that resulted in a slow down / speed up scenario.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #58
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
I hope they are working on other animations as well . Mainly the qb throwing the ball and the wr catching.
Yes I AGREE. Animations were very ugly at times in madden 10. I hope they really worked on Animations.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #59
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
April - Tecmo Bowl
May - Backbreaker
July - NCAA
August - Madden

Football fans should have plenty to keep them busy this summer.
You had me at Tecmo Bowl.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #60
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Good blog, locomotion definitely looks improved over prior years. The only thing I noticed was that in the first second, the 99 acceleration rated player jumped to a 2 yard lead in the first second. That means every 4.5 points = a 1 yard advantage. That seems a little much. Last year they made a big push to spread the ratings out. Lets hope that in the final game the acceleration rating will be spread out more so that it takes 20+ points (or more) to gain an extra yard in the first second.

Something else we have to keep in mind is how does it feel from a control standpoint. It's one thing to see it, it's another to play it and be able to judge whether the control is accurate or not. Only reason I bring this up is there are definitive problems from a control/responsiveness standpoint on the slower game settings and I hope the new locomotion engine doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Last edited by Valdarez; 04-07-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #61

OVR: 34

This is something that I have been looking for for a long time. I'm interested to see how it plays out because while I really like some things in Madden, I feel the game engine is far too old and stagnant. Adding momentum could be a major positive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #62
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Just out of curiosity, will there be any NFL talent doing some mo-cap for Madden '11?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 17
Im fine with the new Locomotion system but as long as they dont have the corny juke animations like in madden 10 when you juke someone they have a corny animation were they just fall down all the time it was so annoying and fake.

I just hope the new locomotion system will be apart of every single thing in the game and not just certain things.

The locomotion better impact everything in the game. I don't want to ever see that fall down animation when he gets juked in madden 11. There shouldn't even be a fall down animation. there should be a balance on every defense and offense of player. you see in the new madden blog were the guy is running around in circles and at the end he falls down because he was off balance. that should be why the defense falls down not a silly animation. Madden better fix this.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #64
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Good blog, locomotion definitely looks improved over prior years. The only thing I noticed was that in the first second, the 99 acceleration rated player jumped to a 2 yard lead in the first second. That means every 4.5 points = a 1 yard advantage. That seems a little much. Last year they made a big push to spread the ratings out. Lets hope that in the final game the acceleration rating will be spread out more so that it takes 20+ points (or more) to gain an extra yard in the first second.

Something else we have to keep in mind is how does it feel from a control standpoint. It's one thing to see it, it's another to play it and be able to judge whether the control is accurate or not. Only reason I bring this up is there are definitive problems from a control/responsiveness standpoint on the slower game settings and I hope the new locomotion engine doesn't suffer from the same problem.
yea hopefully they can get it tweeked right that if your playing on normal or slow speed its the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »