Home

Why doesn't he just come back?

This is a discussion on Why doesn't he just come back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 51
Re: Why doesn't he just come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus1108
Wait, no 2k hockey next year??? NHL 10 was awesome! Much better than 2k10 imo, but with no 2k11, NHL 11 will be good, but not as good as it could've been. NHL 12,13 etc..those are gonna go down in quality Im sure. Bad for hockey fans, now they will feel what us football fans feel.
I mean the thing is, is that nhl 10 is such a great game already. THat being said they can work on minor things this year and it wil be a great game still. Now you are right NHL 12, 13, ect are not going to improve as much because no competition.

To be honest im not a big hockey fan at all but i bought the game just like i bought The show just to see how good it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #26
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the thing is he does come around and reads . I'm sure his tag is just ihidden. he can get the same output without being seen. One thing about this forum for all the games here . is that the faction of groups wil speak there voice regardless if we see him or not. the problem is in his effort to answer questions. people took the lack of effort to make appropiate comments. when he needs a question he thought of answered or give an answer he will pop in , but don't expect anything close to what we had last year.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
And as far as empty promises go....once again, while I understand the frustration, we do not know exactly why that happened. Maybe they were told...yes it's in...then pulled in the last month, Then told they were not to discuss it. My only point is that there are truly so many factors, that I really think to lay all of our frustration on 1 or 2 guys got us exactly where we are today...Ian and Co. no longer here
This is why I like what OOTP is doing. Markus is pretty much a one-man show with programming that game (he has some on his team but he does he huge part of the work) and yet he is still open about a lot of things and can take the bashes as well as the praise and the critism without missing a beat.

Stuff like that sometimes is missing from "big time" developers. Obviously, The Show has it, but that might be an exception and not the rule.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #28
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
I mean the thing is, is that nhl 10 is such a great game already. THat being said they can work on minor things this year and it wil be a great game still. Now you are right NHL 12, 13, ect are not going to improve as much because no competition.

To be honest im not a big hockey fan at all but i bought the game just like i bought The show just to see how good it is.

Ya, I bough NHL 10 just to check it out, and it's the most fun I've had in a psorts game in a loooong time, maybe ever. Just so much fun to play! But ya, nhl 12,13 and so on will suck compared to nhl 10 when we look back. NHL 11 will probably be the best game to get.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #29
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This is why I like what OOTP is doing. Markus is pretty much a one-man show with programming that game (he has some on his team but he does he huge part of the work) and yet he is still open about a lot of things and can take the bashes as well as the praise and the critism without missing a beat.

Stuff like that sometimes is missing from "big time" developers. Obviously, The Show has it, but that might be an exception and not the rule.

Ya, that's my whole point I was trying to make in my first post of this thread. If other developers do it, and take the bashing etc.. then why can't EA and Ian and co.? I gaurantee you it will help them sale Madden more than they already do.

I'm on the fence about buying it this year, and really thinking about not more than ever this year for the first time ever. But if I saw interaction and more of an effort than it would definately help sway me over to the other side of purchasing the game.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Ya, that's my whole point I was trying to make in my first post of this thread. If other developers do it, and take the bashing etc.. then why can't EA and Ian and co.? I gaurantee you it will help them sale Madden more than they already do.

I'm on the fence about buying it this year, and really thinking about not more than ever this year for the first time ever. But if I saw interaction and more of an effort than it would definately help sway me over to the other side of purchasing the game.
The devs of the show come on here and can take it because everyone knows their game is good quality so theres not much they can bash about it. Not to mention, Sony puts out patches quickly for The Show. EA doesnt make as good of game because of exlusitivity and their patches take their time coming out.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #31
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Ya, that's my whole point I was trying to make in my first post of this thread. If other developers do it, and take the bashing etc.. then why can't EA and Ian and co.?
I don't know how long you were lurking on these boards before signing up, but if you weren't here last year, you didn't see how bad it was with the trolling and anti-EA agendas. Other developers on these boards didn't see an ounce of the bashing Ian did, so it's unfair to him to make the "If other developers can do it..." comparison.

I mean, he's a grown man who can stand up for himself, but I can't blame him for less interaction this year. Just as a regular poster, it was horrible wading through it all last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don't know how long you were lurking on these boards before signing up, but if you weren't here last year, you didn't see how bad it was with the trolling and anti-EA agendas. Other developers on these boards didn't see an ounce of the bashing Ian did, so it's unfair to him to make the "If other developers can do it..." comparison.

I mean, he's a grown man who can stand up for himself, but I can't blame him for less interaction this year. Just as a regular poster, it was horrible wading through it all last year.
yah last year was my first year on this site and I was amazed at how people treated Ian and co. I mean i wish ian would return to posting, but after what happened last year i totaly understand. At least i see him online here alot, so that means hes at least reading what we post. Mabey since he does that he will see this thread and return, but i dought it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »