Home

ea should bring back the old-gen controller configuration its way better than the new

This is a discussion on ea should bring back the old-gen controller configuration its way better than the new within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: ea should bring back the old-gen controller configuration its way better than the

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Generalize much???
Read his other posts in this thread. Realize what you are dealing with and move on, or do like I do and add to ignore. Dealing with people like him is not worth the effort.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Re: ea should bring back the old-gen controller configuration its way better than the

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Given how badass the new running controls look, they shouldn't change anything.
Yeah I am not sure how they could change the controls and be able to let gamers take advantage of the new control scheme.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Read his other posts in this thread. Realize what you are dealing with and move on, or do like I do and add to ignore. Dealing with people like him is not worth the effort.
Just because I have a strong opinion on the matter doesn't make me unreasonable, no one yet has given me rational counter argument to my biggest gripe, which is the feeling of control coupled with the complexities of football. You are telling me you think that the R stick can handle like 15 different moves and give some control over the subtleties that should be available within each?

Yea, like analog control is any less arcade than button mashing.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Just because I have a strong opinion on the matter doesn't make me unreasonable, no one yet has given me rational counter argument to my biggest gripe, which is the feeling of control coupled with the complexities of football. You are telling me you think that the R stick can handle like 15 different moves and give some control over the subtleties that should be available within each?

Yea, like analog control is any less arcade than button mashing.
Believing your opinion is the only right answer and believing someone elses opinion on something as subjective as a control scheme in a video game does make you unreasonable.

Your refusal to even listen to what others say, and just continuing to spout on about how you are right, makes you unreasonable.

Read your posts, they are ridiculous. If you want to pretend you are rational, fine by me, ignorance is bliss.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
are telling me you think that the R stick can handle like 15 different moves and give some control over the subtleties that should be available within each?
EA has done it with both their hockey and soccer titles, and given the little I have seen on the new control scheme in Madden, it does appear that it is quite possible.

If you don't believe it, no skin off my back, your opinion means zero to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Believing your opinion is the only right answer and believing someone elses opinion on something as subjective as a control scheme in a video game does make you unreasonable.

Your refusal to even listen to what others say, and just continuing to spout on about how you are right, makes you unreasonable.

Read your posts, they are ridiculous. If you want to pretend you are rational, fine by me, ignorance is bliss.
I never said my way was the only right answer, in fact I said many times that I think EA should have both in, why should everyone have to play the game your way???
Old 05-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I never said my way was the only right answer, in fact I said many times that I think EA should have both in, why should everyone have to play the game your way???
Play the game my way? I don't have a way. I just play the game with whatever options are available. I will say this, if they do it like their hockey or soccer games, you will have much more control and much more subtle control than you would have with the old config.

You told this guy his opinion was flat our wrong. As if an opinion on this could be wrong.

Quote:
Wrong, the new controls have robbed you of control. You can't do anything on the controller in M10 you could do before - and any new things you can do are completely controlled by the game.
Nevermind, I promised myself I would not get in to these arguments with kids anymore, and you are making me break my promise. Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
You told this guy his opinion was flat our wrong. As if an opinion on this could be wrong.

Nevermind, I promised myself I would not get in to these arguments with kids anymore, and you are making me break my promise. Welcome to my ignore list.
First off, I am not a kid.
Second he is trying to say you have way more things you could do with a player in M10 on the R-stick than you had on the last gen controls, which is flat out wrong. That is not opinion, that is fact. Name one thing you can do on the R-Stick in M10 you could not do on the last gen games with the buttons?
You can't because there is no such move!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »