Home

Interesting article about improving in-game commentary (applicable to Madden)

This is a discussion on Interesting article about improving in-game commentary (applicable to Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Interesting article about improving in-game commentary (applicable to Madden)

Just hearing the audio commentary in games like The Show and NBA2K proves that the technology to improve commentary has already been implemented into video games.

Im not quite sure Im ready to hear years of excuses of why this technology cant / wont be used in EAs sports titles.

The commentary could have already been drastically improved, its just something they choose not to focus on.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Interesting article about improving in-game commentary (applicable to Madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Just hearing the audio commentary in games like The Show and NBA2K proves that the technology to improve commentary has already been implemented into video games.

Im not quite sure Im ready to hear years of excuses of why this technology cant / wont be used in EAs sports titles.

The commentary could have already been drastically improved, its just something they choose not to focus on.
Not really sure why this story is in the Madden forum as it's applicable to all Sports games.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #11

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Sounds like It would be nice to have in a madden/NCAA game. I read about half of that article but, It sounds interesting. Would be nice If this could be implemented in madden but, I don't think It'll be anytime soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Not really sure why this story is in the Madden forum as it's applicable to all Sports games.
Because this was the forum that had the thread about commentary. I tend not to go into each sub forum of the sports games that have no bearing on me. You are right, it could go for all sports games, but since its posted in the Madden forums, I commented about Madden
Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #13
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27

Yeah, I agree. EA tends to stick with its own proprietary software for its EAsports games so I doubt we'll ever see this in Madden or NCAA or any EAsports game for that matter. Still though it would be cool. It seems like it would save the devs gobs of time and allow them to greatly enhance the commentary in EAsports titles.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 32

intruguing, Nice read
Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

No amount of new, flashy technology will make Tom Hammond bearable.

He needs to go. Step one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah, I agree. EA tends to stick with its own proprietary software for its EAsports games so I doubt we'll ever see this in Madden or NCAA or any EAsports game for that matter. Still though it would be cool. It seems like it would save the devs gobs of time and allow them to greatly enhance the commentary in EAsports titles.
I dont know about that because we now know that EA has the tools to knock our socks off with presention if they so choose to do so . We see a taste of this in EA's NCAA 10 Basketball with there presention it brought to the table. Its just up to the Madden team and how would use it in there game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »