Home

Operation Sports User Mock Draft

This is a discussion on Operation Sports User Mock Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #25
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Operation Sports User Mock Draft

So here's where we stand:

1. St. Louis Rams- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: 80 OVR
2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: 84 OVR
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: 83 OVR
4. Washington Redskins- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma: 81 OVR
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.: 82 OVR
6. Seattle Seahawks - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee: 81 OVR
7. Cleveland Browns - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame: 78 OVR
8. Oakland Raiders - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech: 80 OVR
9. Buffalo Bills - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson: 82 OVR
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Joe Haden, CB, Florida, 79 OVR
11. Denver Broncos - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St: 79 OVR

I think this is turning out really nicely. Looks pretty realistic to me. Aside from CJ Spiller's overall (I think he's more of a 78...has a lot of athleticism and speed but isn't necessarily complete enough to merit an 80+ rating) and Eric Berry's (81 is too low IMO...he's arguably the best player in the draft, so I'd bump him up to an 83), I think all the ratings are pretty dead on as well.

All right, someone else get in here and make the next pick. The Miami Dolphins, at pick #12, are on the clock.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #26
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

With the 12th Pick, The Miami Dolphins select Jason-Pierre Paul, from South Florida

Pierre-Paul is a great DE, who can also play linebacker. At 6-6 and 260 pounds, Pierre-Paul is a monster of a defensive lineman. He has the size and the strength to battle with just about anybody at any level. Right now he could be a first round selection, but that is mostly based on potential and the NFL will definitely take him on potential. He is also very athletic for his size, with a 4.64 40 time at 6'6, 260 pounds. He's an excellent athlete, who could be a sack machine in the NFL.

Projected Overall: 77
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 04-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
With the 12th Pick, The Miami Dolphins select Jason-Pierre Paul, from South Florida

Pierre-Paul is a great DE, who can also play linebacker. At 6-6 and 260 pounds, Pierre-Paul is a monster of a defensive lineman. He has the size and the strength to battle with just about anybody at any level. Right now he could be a first round selection, but that is mostly based on potential and the NFL will definitely take him on potential. He is also very athletic for his size, with a 4.64 40 time at 6'6, 260 pounds. He's an excellent athlete, who could be a sack machine in the NFL.

Projected Overall: 77
Interesting pick. I'm assuming you have him playing OLB for the Dolphins- they run a 3-4 so I doubt he's stout enough to play DE.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #28
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Interesting pick. I'm assuming you have him playing OLB for the Dolphins- they run a 3-4 so I doubt he's stout enough to play DE.
Yeah, I'd put him at linebacker. His size wouldn't really work for a DE.
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 04-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #29
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

I like this thread and i like all the picks accept maybe one. But I think what has slipped is the hardest position to fill is an a or b potential tackle and in particular a left tackle. There is a reason left tackle is the second highest paid position in the NFL. Its hard to find someone who can play it well.

Bryan Bulaga is projected to be a week one starter and a pro bowler at right tackle and the potential to be an upper level left tackle.

There is no way the Bills would take CJ spiller if Bryan Bulaga is avail. In fact if Buluga is avail after 8th, there will be a trade up by someone to get him no later than 12th. On almost every place you look he is the 5-7 best player in the draft and he can play the second hardest position in football.

With all that with the 13th pick, which made it to the podium in a draft day record 8 seconds. The San Francisco 49ers select Brian Bulaga, OT from Iowa.

Madden ovr= 81
Bulaga is rated higher than trent williams and just below Okung in real life.

Last edited by smace767; 04-17-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
I like this thread and i like all the picks accept maybe one. But I think what has slipped is the hardest position to fill is an a or b potential tackle and in particular a left tackle. There is a reason left tackle is the second highest paid position in the NFL. Its hard to find someone who can play it well.

Bryan Bulaga is projected to be a week one starter and a pro bowler at right tackle and the potential to be an upper level left tackle.

There is no way the Bills would take CJ spiller if Bryan Bulaga is avail. In fact if Buluga is avail after 8th, there will be a trade up by someone to get him no later than 12th. On almost every place you look he is the 5-7 best player in the draft and he can play the second hardest position in football.

With all that with the 13th pick, which made it to the podium in a draft day record 8 seconds. The San Francisco 49ers select Brian Bulaga, OT from Iowa.

Madden ovr= 81
Bulaga is rated higher than trent williams and just below Okung in real life.
Great point. I was expecting him to go to the Seahawks or the Bills. Absolutely steal for the 49ers at this point and they won't hesitate to take him if he falls this far. I think the Seahawks could possibly to take Berry over a LT considering they pick again at 14, but I was definitely not expecting the Bills to pass on him. That being said, I think Buffalo taking a dynamic threat like Spiller is certainly plausible, especially with talk that Marshawn Lynch could be dealt. Unlikely, but possibly. But that's why I like the pick- it sounds like something a little far-fetched that we'll see on draft day.

Alright, the Seahawks are up for their second pick of the first round at #14...

Last edited by J Masta J; 04-17-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #31
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

With the 14th pick, the Seahawks select

God's Favorite QB: Tim Tebow
He's got excellent speed, would be a great leader on the field, and has great work ethic. While he may be a system QB, appearantly he had a great pro day and combine. He's working on his passing ability, and will likely back up Matt Hasselbeck for the time being. But Tebow could become the QB of the future for the franchise. His stock is rising according to NFL Draft Scout.com, so he may be a higher pick than some people think.
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

With the 15th pick, the Giants select

ILB Rolando McClain

With the release of Antonio Pierce, the Giants are in need of a MLB. Alabama's LB Rolando McClain would be a great pick for big blue. McClain sounds a bit like Pierce on the field. He was the quarterback of the Crimson Tide's defense and did it as a freshman, constantly getting Saban's defense aligned and in position. He's been described as a film junkie and a powerful tackler. McClain locates the ball quickly, has sound gap discipline and has good recognition, specifically when it comes to screens. He's been praised for his instincts. Many thought he would drop due to his no show at the combine, Chrons disease and poor pro day performance, but this is a prospect the Giants could not pass on.

Overall Rating: 75

The Tennessee Titans are now on the clock

Last edited by tonedeaf; 04-17-2010 at 05:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »