Home

madden nfl important upgrades for 2011

This is a discussion on madden nfl important upgrades for 2011 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
madden nfl important upgrades for 2011

first let me say this i been playing madden since 98 and 99 so when i say these thing i know how it can seriously have impact...

1. QB pump fake- the reason i say improve the Qb pump fake is because it buys time in the pocket, its cause players in coverage to freeze for a second to get a wide reciever open.. madden is about being realistic to the fullest ..and i havent seen this used in any madden when u see guys like peyton manning , eli, drew brees, brett farve and especially this year donvoan use it alot to free the D to buy time for deshawn jackson. how this can be use is just like lead pass u can hold the left joy stick towards a side of the field left or right and pump fake the ball in that area to cause the d on that side to freeze but if a defensive player has a high rating of awarreness it doesnt affect him and then it cause d-l wit low awarrnes to try to jump or stop for sec so this can be very effective in 2011 and value for a qb to have good pump fake and ball exposur.

2. press - in 2010 the press suck"d plain and simple all u have to do is run a slant and u beat anything and everything....the press madden has now is for a sec or two and it doesnt do justice to teams who have slow corners but high press and the press isnt consitant or useful.. certain team depend on it like the bengals,bucs,packers,raiders and all teams that have corners that can press and take wide reciever out of the picture for a gud 3 to 4 seconds and jamming them for the first 5 yards.. with a longer and better jolsting this can creat value on both sides...what i mean is every years in fransche(spelling) all u have to do is get a fast reciever no matter how good his route running and he still is going to get good seperation.. what the press does creates value for corner that arent fast and rated 89 or lower but have good man coverage and press .. because then it wouldnt matter if there fast because with good press your able to buy time for ur d-line to get to the qb and take the faster reciever abilty get open and off the line. the the counter to that will be player with good beat the press and more physical reciever. or overally player with high beat the press small and fast big and slow it creats value for player like that but then for teams with two good press coners like i explain earlier that play press alot it creats and effectiveness to take a recievers out of the play for 3 to 4 seconds to help out a weaker d-line to get pressure... when u go over this and thing about it u will see how effective it can be for game play and drafting players and valuing more then just speed players..

3. match up dominance- players rated highly going against lower rated players should show more constiant dominats like dwight freeny going against a team with a bad lt or rt more likely he should win the matchup and be able to get pass that defender not nessasarily get a sack or tackle for a loss but be able to get pass and creat pressure more then in reverse if a good LT or Rt is going against a low rated DE that match up should be won constiantly by the LT or Rt

4. catching- i know the catching is being upgraded but the on thing i want to touch on is the value of the jump ball and wide reciever jumping for the ball and tall possession reciever i think madden needs to be able to make them jump higher adjust how high a player can get because it seems tall reciever jump as high as short reciever and then catching wise you can add the one hand up high catching and the two hand catch while the recieve is back pedaling near the endzone ..for thos who dont know what im talking about thats for when your near the endzone like 15 yards or close and teams run that corner route for there tall reciever or possession reciever that can jump up and catch it over any reciever and also fix where the qb places the high ball then everytime you go for a catch its seem the defense tackles the reciever before you can make a legitment effort to catch .. thats why i hope there is more catching and animation like that when the reciever still catchs when being contacted or held to make special catchs

5.awareness- i see alot of time linebackers playing zone defense and just drop back into their zone coverage and dont defend wide outs coming off slants or drags underneath them they dont step into close the window when a reciever is in their zone and the safet's all they do is drop back five yards but if they have high play recognition like troy polamalu and ed reed and other great safties they should be able to know that a play isnt going deep and play closer to the line and show that they recongnize that play is about to be a short and 15 yard passes .. it seems if u dont control the Fs or SS they dont play good and another thing linebackers dont play good coverage in madden 2010 they just go to there zone and wait and till the ball is thrown they.they dont play the underneath routes or try to cover and close out the short routes

6. and 7. 4-3 d-line/ linebacker coverage - In madden 2010 the 4-3 defense sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can not get pressure unless you control a d-line and thats not guarnteed because there are 6 to 5 ppl blocking and then you can say add a blizt then that take more ppl out of the coverage and you cant play man if you cant really press and jam a reiecer out of the play or cant play good coverage that you take a reciever out of the play so the qb cant throw to him its seems the best way to get a sack or qb pressure is to play a 3-4 in a 4-3 went two season with the best de in the game and only had 5 sack for the season and those came from me having to control one of the DE and this year its seem you can pass for 300 yards easily the down field pass wasnt there you can rack up on yards by throwing screens all day or drags and slants because the linebackers coverage is garbbage and all ways out of postion on passing plays even if its ur in zone and man and flat routes and bubbles routes for rb will get you 7 yards guranteed. hopefully in madden 2011 I Hope they let Defensive Tackles be useful in the pass rush.. bull rushing up the middle especially if they have a high rating in bull rush .. because in this madden during the pass rush its n ot a factor of a DT being up to drive his line men back into the qb ..to me its like wats the point of having a strong Dt if he cant bull weakers players ..vikings are a perfect explain same at vincent winfolk for patriots and albert hanynesworth.. they may not get sack but they contriubute to the fact the qb rushes a throw .... so in madden 2011 i hope they can make that bull rushing is a factor from dt where you can actually drive ur man back to make the qb rush a throw or get a sack or a hurry ..the power move in 2010 just shows a stron push but never a strong dt driving his man back into the pocketand see them do the same for the running game where strong bull rush drive there man into the lanes to get a tacke for a loss to show actually good team that can stop the run instead of having to call blitz all the time....

8.double blocking- i see the double blocking during the run game but never really in the passing game to double up on good pass rusher ..if you take alook at everything that i wish gets updated everything plays a part togather ..meaning if you have a DT or DE that creats pressure ifs its bull rushing or pass rushing run stopping abilty ..there should be a coaching option to double players like the real nfl so they cant creat havoc on you o-line this way it has a good and bad affect ..the good affects is if you have a DE or Dt that cannot be cover by on player because there that goo and constantly get pressure you add these feature to have another line man block him close so its a double block.. bad affects is if there are other good d-line they will only have one man guarding them..

finally notes if you go and play your madden an visualize adding this feature you can see how madden becomes more realistic with the
-pump fake creating room for a reciever to get open
-the press taking a reciever out of the play for 3 to 4 seconds and creating more time for a pass rush on passing downs/ creating more value for slower but more physical corners and better value in drafting corners
-player dominates good players dominate the game and show why they get paid good money d-lin if you have a player on you d-line that is good he should be able to show constiant match up problems for the other team explain
-awareness playes with high rating awareness on D when playing the zone should be alert of players in there zone to play coverage / not be fooled by pump fake or play action
-mlb coverage - linebackers coverage play better and show they cover and play zoen not not give up underneath play all the time
-4-3 d-line- show more pressure better plays and blitz from the 4-3 defense
-double blocking- if you add my player dominates on the d-line where great d-line players can controll the game and dominate the line then double blocking is another key add on where you guard to d-line men to guard that player as a coaching option for users(this has a good and bad affect
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »