Home

Presentation Idea

This is a discussion on Presentation Idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Presentation Idea

I was just thinking about this last night, and thought it would be pretty cool.

My idea is a little disjointed because it's all in my head. But what if there could be integration between all of the EA Sports games (FIFA, NCAA, Madden, etc.) where highlights from each game are put into a Sportscenter type franchise highlight show. That would be pretty cool in my opinion, because it could be that the show could have all your most recent saved highlights each time, so the show would be different for each sport each time.

I hope that made sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Presentation Idea

that would be pretty sweet. I would like something along the lines of that for madden, such as having a top 10 plays of the week segment for franchise mode. I would love that. But i just hope that gameplay is fixed really good for madden 11..i liked 10 despite the issues, but if those issues are fixed, then madden 11 will hardly ever leave my ps3
NHL - Wings
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 50

That's a good idea but you also have to take into account the actual integration of it. I'm not sure how it would work out if they actually tried it but you have to have a very innovative mind to come up with an idea like this.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

EA's Madden crew can barely do NFL Network presentation. Like someone else has pointed out, they can't even do simple things like use the actual NFLN scoreboard overlay. So I really don't have much confidence in them accomplishing something as big as this ... sadly.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 04-19-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
EA's Madden crew can barely do NFL Network presentation. Like someone else has pointed out, they can't even do simple things like use the actual NFLN scoreboard overlay.
I really wish that people would stop saying this.

They have no choice... they can't due to ESPN not wanting NFL network presentation in Madden at all and vice versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Thats really a creative idea that I like
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I really wish that people would stop saying this.

They have no choice... they can't due to ESPN not wanting NFL network presentation in Madden at all and vice versa.
With all due respect, that makes absolutely no sense at all. You do realize that Madden 10 is run almost entirely by NFL Network talent right (From the commentating booth, all the way down to the half-time show and weekly recap)? For ESPN to have had such leverage in the game, you would at least expect more ESPN penetration in the game (i.e. a 50/50 split of influence). But there doesn't seem to be any give or take in the game whatsoever. ESPN is literally non-existent in Madden 10. That's why I'm not buying that excuse, or at least not buying it completely.

To me, it's clear that Madden has a deliberate vision of maintaining their EA broadcast while also catering to the demands of the NFL and using the NFL Network more. True, Madden 10 was their baby-step in finally including actual TV presentation, but it still suffered from EA's usual stubbornness of not wanting to get rid of their native presentation (a problem that's plagued them since Madden 2006) But I have a feeling that'll change pretty soon (just not this year). The NCAA games finally transitioning to authentic broadcasts are giving Madden less and less excuses to insist on using their bulky and unattractive EA broadcast packages.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 04-20-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

This would be sick. Like a network show. It would probably work best as an online feature. If nothing else, it would be a great promotional tool for them... just on the promotional angle I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »