Home

WHY THE HATE?

This is a discussion on WHY THE HATE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
WHY THE HATE?

I dont get people want smoother gamplay, real-time presentation, better gear(socks etc) animations that dont look crappy, authentic offences, better annoucer GUS JOHNSON, better online play and offline( we dont know yet but excited to see) and the Debut trailer shows us half of the things i jus explained. SO WATS THE PROBLEM??? BACKBREAKER ISNT SIM FOOTBALL. stop posting that madden 11 is jus like madden 10. I GIV EA props for trying to make a better game n this looks GOOD!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: WHY THE HATE?

Based on peoples opinions, people are tired of an under performing product on NG.

This is a good place for people to vent those opinions constructively.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Have you ever played NFL 2K5 or Madden 2005? Those two games were a damn near perfect template of how NFL Football should be. Have you seen the physics of 2K5? Those players in that game fall the correct way, create separation from the defender and the A.I. is dead on. Madden 05 had great gameplay and a great franchicse mode.

The frustration for me is that how can these games, which were last-gen, be so better and polished that the underwhelming Madden 07-10 on next-gen?

Last edited by swiftychampleone; 04-23-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: SP
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie247
I dont get people want smoother gamplay, real-time presentation, better gear(socks etc) animations that dont look crappy, authentic offences, better annoucer GUS JOHNSON, better online play and offline( we dont know yet but excited to see) and the Debut trailer shows us half of the things i jus explained. SO WATS THE PROBLEM??? BACKBREAKER ISNT SIM FOOTBALL. stop posting that madden 11 is jus like madden 10. I GIV EA props for trying to make a better game n this looks GOOD!!!
Really? You give them props for trying to improve a product from an older version? Wow
Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

I just watched the Backbreaker videos....
I don't get the hype, I just seen a QB throw a ball through 4 defenders.
And all of the players run like robots, wtf.
Why the hype?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Have you ever played NFL 2K5 or Madden 2005? Those two games were a damn near perfect template of how NFL Football should be. Have you seen the physics of 2K5? Those players in that game fall the correct way, create separation from the defender and the A.I. is dead on. Madden 05 had great gameplay and a great franchicse mode.

The frustration for me is that how can these games, which were last-gen, be so better and polished that the underwhelming Madden 07-10 on next-gen?
Your dead on.

But what can we do? Its the only 'real' football game out there. Its sooooo crazy how when the game was suppose to move forward with 'Next-Gen' it did not just take a few steps back....but literally got rid of what seemed like everything, and started from square one, and taking the NFL License with them lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I just watched the Backbreaker videos....
I don't get the hype, I just seen a QB throw a ball through 4 defenders.
And all of the players run like robots, wtf.
Why the hype?

BB gameplay is gonna blow madden out of the water.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

2k5s DB ai wasn't perfect, but the game had that extra layer of polish and depth that made you forget about the couple of problems it had

Madden just kind of seems shallow IMO....probably because they're priorities aren't aligned enough for sim gamers

Im going to want to see the whole show 1st before I write it off though as another shallow experience

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »