Home

Madden NFL 11 and Gus Johnson Confirmation?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 and Gus Johnson Confirmation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #49
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 11 and Gus Johnson Confirmation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Well I personally am 85-90% sure we will see some sort of Network Integration.

I say this because If you watch the new '11 gameplay stuff it has the same overlays from last year on there. Madden has never kept overlays 2 years ina row, they change them up. I feel like they are using last years to keep this years a secret, unless its network presentation, why would they need a secret?
Bingo! I was about to mention this myself. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to keep the same overlays because they never do. Every Madden, not just next-gen, has had a new look to it, and NEVER the same for two or more years in a row.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Well I personally am 85-90% sure we will see some sort of Network Integration.

I say this because If you watch the new '11 gameplay stuff it has the same overlays from last year on there. Madden has never kept overlays 2 years ina row, they change them up. I feel like they are using last years to keep this years a secret, unless its network presentation, why would they need a secret?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #51
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Bingo! I was about to mention this myself. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to keep the same overlays because they never do. Every Madden, not just next-gen, has had a new look to it, and NEVER the same for two or more years in a row.
I agree with you 101%!! They are hiding the network integration at the moment to make it a surprise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #52
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

If you guys want to believe that it will go ahead...

I mean even the CD guys have said that the ESPN/NFLN disagreement is true.

Also, in terms of "overlays", all I saw was the scorebug and that was pretty much the same but with slightly different text.

(Oh and the scorebug in Madden 08 was the same as 07... so yeah, overlays don't always completely change each year) .
Old 04-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #53
Banned

Gus Johnson will not mean anything, until EA get better directors and script writers as well as Dynamic, progressive commentary code writers. I really think all sports game makers should worship at the altar of whoever wrote the code for Visual concepts in their basketball and baseball games. These guys are cutting edge when it comes to commentary. If EA still have the same audio engineers doing the same things they have done with michaels, hammond, well you know how it ends.

Maybe his passion can be translated, lord knows I hope so.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #54
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Gus Johnson will not mean anything, until EA get better directors and script writers as well as Dynamic, progressive commentary code writers. I really think all sports game makers should worship at the altar of whoever wrote the code for Visual concepts in their basketball and baseball games. These guys are cutting edge when it comes to commentary. If EA still have the same audio engineers doing the same things they have done with michaels, hammond, well you know how it ends.

Maybe his passion can be translated, lord knows I hope so.
Well for one they do have a new guy doing the audio for the game.

Also, while you can blame the system being old for commentary, Hammond just showed no energy at all. You can make the commentary system better by making his lines flow and he'll sound better but overall, that's not going to fix how monotone he sounds.

One of the funniest lines from him is, "EA Sports... if it's in the game... it's in the game?". lol it's like couldn't you sound at least a bit more enthusiastic and not say the line in form of a question? Even though the commentary system was old, Collinsworth still sounded pretty good because he made what he said sound like he was having a discussion while on the other hand Tom sounded like he was just reading things off a sheet of paper.

From the short bits that I heard from Gus in the game, he has way more energy/enthusiasm than Tom did.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #55
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
If you guys want to believe that it will go ahead...

I mean even the CD guys have said that the ESPN/NFLN disagreement is true.

Also, in terms of "overlays", all I saw was the scorebug and that was pretty much the same but with slightly different text.

(Oh and the scorebug in Madden 08 was the same as 07... so yeah, overlays don't always completely change each year) .
I believe that the ESPN/NFLN disagreement is true myself, but there's no denying that they can exclusively use NFL Network, which they've already used, and improve it, or maybe add CBS to the picture. As far as the scorebug, the Madden 08 one was slightly different compared to Madden 07's, if you look at the EA logo. You could be right on this though. They may not have added new overlays to the game. I just can't believe that they didn't, considering the constant change in the overall look of the games the last two years. Here's my list of possibilities of what they might be doing to the the presentation this year:
  • They are only using their generic EA Sports presentation with updated cutscenes, and possibly more, such as a pregame, halftime, and postgame show
  • They are using a combination of their own presentation and other networks
  • They are using new presentation, but has not released it in their early videos (probably to introduce it later as a surprise, or due to the game not being finished)
  • They are not changing much to the presentation to focus on other aspects of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #56
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
MY NAME'S PEYTON MANNING AND I GET TOUCHDOWNS!

((someone catch that reference, please...))
Knicks game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »