Home

For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW!

This is a discussion on For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #65
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: For everyone complaining about GAMEFLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Yeah I find it pretty funny how we are still getting the "same engine" stuff when the Railtrack locomotion engine is brand new.
The skeptic in me remembers that 09 had completely revamped locomtion as well. Locomotion also didn't look solid in the trailer. Wrs and the qb were sliding and warping into place. The animation was still jerky when the tackles took place just like past games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #66
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The skeptic in me remembers that 09 had completely revamped locomtion as well.
Not really. The game did some tweaks to it but it wasn't a whole new engine.

Madden 09 also added the ability to break out of tackles.

Quote:
Locomotion also didn't look solid in the trailer. Wrs and the qb were sliding and warping into place. The animation was still jerky when the tackles took place just like past games.
I'm waiting to see the E3 vids when they come...

not point for me in judging everything now when the trailer was short and the game is still being worked on.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #67
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I rather them not re invent the wheel but instead just give us the game of football....

maybe adding game flow and "beginner's playcalling" will make up for a better online community...

Oh and BTW talking about developing a game plan without any "film"....

Madden for PS2 had a gameplan feature where you could see what each team like to do on offense and defense..

Maybe they'll bring that back and revamp it, who knows...
Really? What version provided the information about the teams? I'd like to go take a look. I have my PS2 still hooked up.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #68
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
val man what are you talking about? the cpu is not calling the plays its the ones u put in your plan and i watched the drew brees clip he said you can set it up different for every team or one plan the whole season.... Help use out here and please tell use how its "askmadden"...... please tell use..... I hate to say this but you really are coming off like a troll... you maybe playing dumb i just don't know....
It sounds like it's a little of both. If I take the time to make a gameplan, then it's my plays. If I don't make one, I have to use EAs ideas of what teams would do in certain situations so it's the cpu's plays. It could be very realistic or it could just feel like ask madden depending on how different each teams game plan is made.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 13

PGaither84

Just wanted to let you know I understand that maybe some questions I asked can not be answered at the moment - I get that

I am also not trying to knock the feature, as I have not seen how it works, was just my curiosity/nerves doing the typing. The little bits of info they give out often make me more nervous than excited!

I was more or less puting the questions out there in a rhetorical sense - hoping that maybe some of those ideas would be caught by EA staff members and addressed at the appropriate time.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #70
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
val man what are you talking about? the cpu is not calling the plays its the ones u put in your plan and i watched the drew brees clip he said you can set it up different for every team or one plan the whole season.... Help use out here and please tell use how its "askmadden"...... please tell use.....
Ask Madden was meant to provide the appropriate play for the given situation. Beginner play calling only provided one play. Gameflow now selects a play for you for the given situation (just like Ask Madden) and it gives you the play drawing it on the field (just like Beginner play calling, one play selected for you).

You may be able to adjust your GamePlan, but at the line it's still the 'coach' (the AI, or Ask Madden) calling the play. That's how I was forced to play M10, and as I stated, I might be an outlier due to how I played M10. The feature just doesn't excite me. If anything, it feels like I'm having a way I was forced to play in M10 touted to me as a 'feature' in M11. I want to have a challenging / strategic game offline while selecting my own plays on each and every down whether on offense/defense. While the later is still possible, I'm still not certain that a strategic game is forth coming, that the AI is going to be able to adapt and adjust to our play calling. Instead, it sounds to me like they are going to be locked into their own game plans, basically ignorant of our play calling tendencies.

You guys can attack me for presenting my view, but it's not what I was looking for in M11, and while I agree it's a new feature and great for newer players, it's just not something that's going to make playing offline more fun for me. I want the strategy element, and GameFlow does not seem to provide it at this time (based on our current level of knowledge of the feature).

Last edited by Valdarez; 04-24-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #71
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Making teams play realistically is very important.

The ability to create and execute game plans is very innovative.
Agreed, but true team play calling AI should be developing a gameplan based on your own playing tendencies. If they come out and tell us that each team's gameplan is being generated on the fly based on your play calling tendencies, and that they continue to adjust throughout the game, then you'll have me excited because that gets to a true strategic element and something that I feel will finally be innovative in a football game. To the best of my knowledge no football game to date has provided an intelligent/smart coaching AI to counter your play calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Ask Madden was meant to provide the appropriate play for the given situation. Beginner play calling only provided one play. Gameflow now selects a play for you for the given situation (just like Ask Madden) and it gives you the play drawing it on the field (just like Beginner play calling, one play selected for you).

You may be able to adjust your GamePlan, but at the line it's still the 'coach' (the AI, or Ask Madden) calling the play. That's how I was forced to play M10, and as I stated, I might be an outlier due to how I played M10. The feature just doesn't excite me. If anything, it feels like I'm having a way I was forced to play in M10 touted to me as a 'feature' in M11. I want to have a challenging / strategic game offline while selecting my own plays on each and every down whether on offense/defense. While the later is still possible, I'm still not certain that a strategic game is forth coming, that the AI is going to be able to adapt and adjust to our play calling. Instead, it sounds to me like they are going to be locked into their own game plans, basically ignorant of our play calling tendencies.

You guys can attack me for presenting my view, but it's not what I was looking for in M11, and while I agree it's a new feature and great for newer players, it's just not something that's going to make playing offline more fun for me. I want the strategy element, and GameFlow does not seem to provide it at this time (based on our current level of knowledge of the feature).
Well, according to Brees, though, Valdarez, the Madden team did research on all the situational tendency's for all the specific teams. Like I said earlier, and I don't know if this will happen, but if the Packers line up in shotgun 60% of the time on first down, I hope that is reflected with game plan. If it is, Madden is on to something good, at least for me.

I'm not attacking your view, just thinking it's premature based on the knowledge that we have up to this point. I think the questions we both may have will come out in a future blog.

Plus, I'm taking into very serious consideration the folks that have had personal on-site experience with it and they have reported very high marks so far.

Also, something that you mentioned above. I'd rather play towards my teams tendency's vs playing on my own tendency's. That's just me, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »