Home

Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine!

This is a discussion on Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #9
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden 11 New locomotion on old engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheedEV
@lgxjames i think they should just get some real NFL players to really come do there animations and things like that.They have the QB's throwing signatures but not any of great running styles.
@adembroski i hear what u saying you making some good points. I think they just stop selling use parts of the game. They could have patched the catching tunning easily now they selling use that lol...

Thanks everyone else for your comments......
No disrespect but I'm not sure ur understandin the whole process
Old 04-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

The new locomotion is like a band aid over a slit throat. The best & most realistic idea would be for EA to just import the mechanics from previous gen with the new locomotion.

The ideal situation would be to just have a team of dev's work on rebuilding the this gen's mechanics from the foundation up but that's not gonna happen.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 AM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
They didn't put a new locomotion on an old engine. People need to stop using the word 'engine', as they don't know what it means.

What you are referring too as an engine is a collection of parts. There's not just the "madden engine", there's a different "engine" for pretty much every aspect of the game... run blocking, pass blocking, locomotion, graphics, audio, etc..

So they didn't put locomotion into the engine, they ripped out the entire locomotion engine and rewrote it. You want a "new Madden engine"? This is how you're gonna get it... piece by piece, one year at a time. Sections of the engine get torn out and rebuilt and replaced. Last year they tried their hand at simply adjusting what was already there and didn't get the results they wanted (in particular locomotion-wise), this year they totally replaced it.

I can't think of a better way to do it, actually. People have been wanting EA to "take a year off and rebuild the engine"... well, they do it piecemeal, they don't have to take a year off, and we get the same result.
It's built on the same animation and rendering engine. The rendering is a huge problem, and it's why EA's games look so robotic, especially coming from 2K's games which constantly look more fluid when animated. Until they fix their rendering the game will continue to be subpar when animated (though the stills are top notch).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

yea i understand that they trying rebuild and everything they should see whats the glitches N this years game before they put he game out. But u see NCAA using the ESPN presentation to its advantage they should use Monday night football presentation.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

@Valdarez i think one of there producers from EA just needs to see & play a 2k football game to C how it feels and real game-flow. Also they can c the different animations they have different or not better than...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheedEV
@Valdarez i think one of there producers from EA just needs to see & play a 2k football game to C how it feels and real game-flow. Also they can c the different animations they have different or not better than...
Ian has said he has done both, so that's a moot point. you would have gotten to know the developers better if you were here last year.

as far as rendering go it does need fixed, but its not impeding the progress of the game. locomotion had to get fixed in the game. once they get the basic mechanics fixed the rendering can get done. rendering is just a layering of the animations. you can have the most beautiful game you want, but if the players have no footplanting , or locomation its butt. which we have been experiencing for he last couple of years. I feel this year will be locomotion and lighting , then next year will be AI and rendering, but its a process you have to be able to add and it work and not break something else.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Locomotion is an animation tech. It's an animation thrown into the middle of a play. Sort of like pro-tak. So far no good. From what I have seen in the NCAA and Madden video. It looks like each player move in the open field kind of mini-freezes so it can allow for the locomotion animation to take hold. It doesn't look smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

does the new attention paid to acceleration vs speed fall under the locomotion umbrella of improvements?

If so what would a race between a 90-ACC 99 SPD vs a 99-ACC 90 SPD look like in Madden 10?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »