Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (Destructoid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline
It is possible that the game was played on rookie mode or even pro mode which could explain why the blocking looked so bad
Possible, but usually that affects their effectiveness, not the logic the players employ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

So no hands on for franchise? I am still wondering if the ability to change teams during a franchise will be implemented in offline franchise??
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #27
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
GameFlow is a big risk -- as Cummings noted, “It’s kind of a radical change.” That’s the type of iteration that keeps a long-running franchise fresh and at the top of its game, and Tiburon looks to be doing it right

100% agree with the closing paragraph as quoted above. Gameflow is a risk, it will go one of two ways with the hardcore Madden gamer - it will sink or swim. No in between. I personally look forward to this feature and believe the developers are on to a winner.

Nice preview read.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #28
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B0W

100% agree with the closing paragraph as quoted above. Gameflow is a risk, it will go one of two ways with the hardcore Madden gamer - it will sink or swim. No in between. I personally look forward to this feature and believe the developers are on to a winner.

Nice preview read.
One thing the Wii has shown us is that the casual gamers far outnumber the hardcore gamers. This release appears to be catering to both casual and hardcore (Gameflow / locomotion).
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
One thing the Wii has shown us is that the casual gamers far outnumber the hardcore gamers. This release appears to be catering to both casual and hardcore (Gameflow / locomotion).
It remains to be seen, but Gameflow could fall under the hardcore gamer as well, even though you don't see it that way at this time.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

I feel like gameflow can be utilized by the hardcore gamers. Here's how I plan to use it, if the play they pick is about the same play I would pick then I will go with it, if not, then I will just pick the play myself. Overall, I'm very happy with the reviews.

However, I really really hope they fixed the passing game such as ball trajectory, psychic DBs, high flying LBs, etc..
Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 16

I was kind of confused on the star rating. Does it mean I rate the plays myself, so I don't have to remember if it worked or not the last time I tried it, or does the CPU rate it, depending on the success rate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #32
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
True. It's will be interesting to see if the developers can find the right balance and not risk losing one or the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »