Home

m11 new info on blocking/kicking/turbo (CD comments?)

This is a discussion on m11 new info on blocking/kicking/turbo (CD comments?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: m11 new info on blocking/kicking/turbo (CD comments?)

Continual improvement in the series is obvious
Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

ok got. i just don't understand why its taken 20 years of football games before linemen were given specific assignments
Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

I kinda with you adem about sprint button removal, and about the running game. I think the biggest issue in years past is that when the user hits sprint, the cpu does the same which can hamper the run game. But on the other hand, as long as the new locomotion engine governs acc n spd like they say it does, then the removal won't be such a big deal.

I would have liked them to fix the AI so that when you "burst" they don't as well, but that was probably harder than it sounds. Its been in Madden since PS1 days
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
* Disclaimer- the reason I'm not sure is because there's an aspect of the system that hasn't been talked about and it's not a simple yes or no answer. Overall, does the computer call a better game? Yes, it does. There's just more too it than that that I can't get into yet.
Adem in the the Gameinformers preview they mentioned being able to customize gameplans for every CPU team in the game, is this what you can't talk about?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #21
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well we all are hoping that it will work out in the end. If it don't we are once again back at square one.
Thx Captain Obvious ...LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
To me, these are one feature, though I suppose I'll use the pre-generated gameplans now and again.

You create a list of plays by situational category, weigh them on a 5 point scale to determine frequency, and those plays are automatically called when you play the game with Game Flow enabled. There is a voice over that sounds like a coach giving the QB instructions, but it's mostly intended for new players. The play art automatically displays on screen unless you're in a head-to-head game.

You can enter the standard playcall screen between plays if you like, switching between your own calls and Game Flow calls on a play by play basis.

If you don't want to use gameflow, you disable it in the pregame menu or the options menu by selecting "Conventional Playcalling".

From what I understand, a lot can change with this feature, especially the categories presented.

I like the feature. Sped games up quite a bit (though I wouldn't say "half" the time, more like 2/3rds the time).

I don't know how I want to describe this. Note that last I heard, play art on the field was up in the air due to potential cheat issues. That might have been decided by now, I don't know.

Hmm... I don't wanna oversell this because I got a lot of heat last year when people felt I had said something was going to be great and it turned out simply good, or the like (example, man coverage by elite corners in CD build last year was amazing... release version, not so much).

Logic wise (leaving out potential tuning issues), there were a few small hiccups at CD, and a few target selection issues to be ironed out. That said, I think I can say with confidence that Madden 11 (the CD version) had the most realistic run blocking logic in the history of football gaming, bar none.

Think Gen2 but a horizontal bar instead of a circular meter.

Not my cup of tea. I like having that control. The locomotion overall is solid, and manages speed ok, but I found my guy running a bit slow in the open field. See the Reggie Bush run in the Brees interview video... you'll note he never quite kicks it into gear. I prefer to have the ability to "force" the sprint in those situations in case the AI doesn't quite figure out that it's time to up shift. No sprint button, to me, would be fine in a sport (such as, oh, say the 100 meter dash) where you're always trying to move as fast as possible.

Disclaimer: I've always been against removing the sprint button. I believe it represents a different running mentality. I believe sprint should be used for two instances- see the hole and hit it bursts, and break away runs. In all other cases, I believe it shouldn't be touched. I don't trust an AI to determine that's what I'm doing, and I don't believe the sticks on either the PS3 or 360 are designed well for fine tuning your pace. If the controllers had a bit more resistance, I'd be more open too it. I guess what I'm saying is it never was something I thought I'd like, so maybe I'm bias and I'll need more than a 2 days with the game to become accustom too it.

THAT SAID: one of justifications I heard for this was that players simply have a difficult time laying off it, especially newer players. By removing it entirely, you remove the temptation, and thus through that restriction, make the running game easier (as the over-use of the sprint button was, indeed, the most common cause of poor running games).
From that perspective, I can understand it.

Adembroski, quick question. Has the WR/DB interaction improved? This is something that should have changed and improved last year!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #23
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Since the turbo button is off by default, does that limit QBs from immediately sprinting out of the pocket with ease??

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
Adembroski, quick question. Has the WR/DB interaction improved? This is something that should have changed and improved last year!
I'm not Adembroski, but the general rule of thumb is if it hasn't been brought up, they can't discuss it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »