Home

My attempt at cleaning up the mess that is Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on My attempt at cleaning up the mess that is Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My attempt at cleaning up the mess that is Franchise Mode

I would love to see injuries have a bigger effect on franchise. Like the other users have said some injuries (ACL tears) last into the next training camp/regular season. Maybe after your start RB recovers from his ACL tear he's a little slower, but not only that he is more susceptible to another ACL injury, not just any injury in general. Toughness could come into play here. Also why the heck did they remove "probable", "questionable", ect from the game last year. Really took a way a lot of realism.

I really think they need to add schemes for offense and defense. I would love to see the ability to run a spread, west coast, run heavy, or even just a balanced-generic offense. All these would changes players ratings, particularly QB's more so than the other positions. And options of running zone or power blocking system would be a bonus too.

Defensively we need to have a way of implementing the 3-4 defense and the 4-3 defense. 15 teams this year are going to run a 3-4, it needs to be in the game correctly. If i put Dwight Freeney at DE in a 3-4 his rating should drop drastically - like down below 70. Like wise moving rush DE's to OLB should keep their ratings just about the same if they transition well. Same goes for 4-3 DT (to DE) and 4-3 OLB's (to MLB), NT needs to become a position as well for 3-4 teams.

Would also be nice to have an option about how the secondary plays and that would influence corner/safety ratings. Does your scheme need a SS who is just good in the box or does he need to be a good coverage man too? How about the corners do they need to excel in zone or man? Look a Leigh Bodden guy blew in Detroit's "tampa" 2 scheme but was pretty good last year for NE.

Lastly their needs to be something that makes it harder and actually a challenge to resign players. It's too easy to resign all your good players, if this was the case there would never be any good FA in real life. I think having a calender based system (like some one suggested before) like in NHL 10 or even in Superstar mode could be the answer. Only allow like 1 negotiation per day. Negotiations should be more like Head Coaches as well, needs more of a bargaining feel to it.

Hope that wasn't too much...... lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #26
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm an old school offline franchise cat myself and I couldnt agree with you guys more. great topic..

thanks OS!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #27
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_noob
Would also be nice to have an option about how the secondary plays and that would influence corner/safety ratings. Does your scheme need a SS who is just good in the box or does he need to be a good coverage man too? How about the corners do they need to excel in zone or man? Look a Leigh Bodden guy blew in Detroit's "tampa" 2 scheme but was pretty good last year for NE.
Yeah I agree completely
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

in the wake of dez bryant interview controversy I think it would be nice if they could add some sort of interview process in franchise mode. Instead of spoon feeding you the player's work ethic or leadership qualities, you would have to make judgment calls based on how they answer 2 or 3 interview questions.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 33

Ideas for interview sound cool.

But for the sake of factual clarity. Dez Bryant did nothing wrong. He met with Deion Sander. Talked to him. Then NCAA questioned Dez about Deion's chat. He said they didn't talk because he feared he did something wrong. NCAA banned Dez Bryant.

Also. NCAA sucks. WTF is the BCS. Amateur athletes? What a racket.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Ideas for interview sound cool.

But for the sake of factual clarity. Dez Bryant did nothing wrong. He met with Deion Sander. Talked to him. Then NCAA questioned Dez about Deion's chat. He said they didn't talk because he feared he did something wrong. NCAA banned Dez Bryant.

Also. NCAA sucks. WTF is the BCS. Amateur athletes? What a racket.
That is true legally..is it work ethic question with Dez?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #31
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
IRL i dont really understand this could you explain?
They only have signing bonuses in Madden right now, players receive those just for signing the contract. But a roster bonus is conditional to if the player is on the active roster on a certain date (usually after the draft in the NFL.)

So then the wheels begin to spin..."do we keep [insert player] on the roster or do we let him go and draft someone to replace him?" Is it worth it to keep that vet and have to pay him his roster bonus on top of his salary for that season? Or would it make more sense to cut ties and replace him?

The Jets just did it with Faneca. He had a $7.5 mil roster bonus due this year on top of a $7.5 mil salary. The team didn't feel comfortable paying a 34 year old guard $15 mil this season so we parted ways and drafted Vlad Ducasse.

Right now you can't really have a roster bonus in Madden because there are no dates during the off-season. Just stages: Retirements, resign player, free agency, draft, etc. But if we had actual weeks to sim through (MLB 10: The Show) then it would give us more leeway. You know that a player is due a roster bonus on May 1st and the draft is on April 22nd...well....it's decision time. Do you keep the vet around or are you going to try to get some value for him during the draft? Do you cut him outright if you can't move him during the draft or are you ready to take on his salary+bonus for one more year?

If they tried to add a roster bonus to Madden right now you would have to make your decision during a stage before you advance to the next one, that's a part of the reason why Franchise is so stale. You can get through an off-season in like 15 mins....it should take longer than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 12

i wasn't making a comment on Dez Bryant's character at all. I know nothing about him or his story. I have just heard the recent stories about how the Miamia front office was asking Dez all types of crazy questions about his mother.

I just thought it would be cool to add another layer to estimating a player's potential in franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »