Home

i remain hopeful but

This is a discussion on i remain hopeful but within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
i remain hopeful but

So far the annouced features are kind of gimicky sounding. I really hope the features left are more hardcore such as practice squad and improved online dynasty.

Thought last year was a big improvement but so far seems like madden 11 will be ncaa 10 a lot of fluff. But i realize there is still a lot to be announced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
Rookie

kalimmortal's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: i remain hopeful but

that appears to be Madden's MO.. i guess they feel like they have to have a marketing ploy to convince people to buy the game year after year...

madden does know how to market and get everyone hype for the new version..

it seems like the developers have a lot of ambitious ideas and where they come up short sometimes is in the execution..

i don't think it's matter of EA being lazy... but i think some of these requests are a little bit more tricky to implement than maybe they expected ...
Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

^^^ I actually think that sometimes, just sometimes - the "suits" above the Devs screw things up - Peter Moore quickly comes to mind, or whomever was responsible for pushing the Devs to get a Madden out for PS3 release.

I think, and I don't know obviously, but I think that if you gave Ian and the Devs the option to push release date to "fix/tweak" something they would take it because they seem to really want to get a great game to us, but I would bet my paycheck that they do not have that option and they have to meet the 10.10.10 deadline, or whatever it is for them to get the game out by then, or else!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
^^^ I actually think that sometimes, just sometimes - the "suits" above the Devs screw things up - Peter Moore quickly comes to mind, or whomever was responsible for pushing the Devs to get a Madden out for PS3 release.

I think, and I don't know obviously, but I think that if you gave Ian and the Devs the option to push release date to "fix/tweak" something they would take it because they seem to really want to get a great game to us, but I would bet my paycheck that they do not have that option and they have to meet the 10.10.10 deadline, or whatever it is for them to get the game out by then, or else!
Well the thing is Peter Moore has no control over release date. The release date is more are less what the NFL wants to do. So pushing back the release date will not happen unless the NFL allows it. Plus this year I believe is going to be the year of madden and NCAA. But that is just my opinion I guess.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #5
Banned

I did not mean that Peter Moore had control of the release date, just that it would not surprise me if the "suits", either at EA or the NFL, get in the way sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Barely any game play improvements; most of the new features are pretty meh.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince
Barely any game play improvements; most of the new features are pretty meh.
So many gameplay improvements; most of the new features are pretty amazing.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

If they really improved locomotion the way so many writers are coming out and saying they did....well you have what is probably the biggest gameplay improvement so far on the next gen consoles...I mean...football IS a sport with constant movement, is it not?

If they're now holding the players to a more realistic representation of what the human body can do under the laws of physics, how the hell is that not a gameplay improvement?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »