Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Interview: Ian Cummings Talks Dual Stick Controls

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Interview: Ian Cummings Talks Dual Stick Controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Interview: Ian Cummings Talks Dual Stick Controls

The one thing that's bothering me with the new locomotion, is that players don't seem like they're running on the ground. It seems like they're on ice skates. Maybe I'm stupid, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 20

@Bootzilla LOL, Like trying to move your arm after its been cut off.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff7324
I was just playing madden and ncaa and just realized that the spinning on the right stick was in last year as well. and also breaking someone down was there too but it was with the left stick. the only thing that is new is the leaning function. i feel like they are trying to make features that were already in this gen seem new. i dont know but i feel like im getting played.
Well, not quite. If u press up with the right stick, for more of an elusive runner, it will randomly do an animation that may include a spin and u don't necessarily have control over when it will happen. Not the same deal here.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #28
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
The one thing that's bothering me with the new locomotion, is that players don't seem like they're running on the ground. It seems like they're on ice skates. Maybe I'm stupid, though.
That's been a problem in Madden for awhile now. However some of the animations where the HB slides over a tackle are just from old footage, and we haven't had the opportunity to see the new footage yet. It was one of the first things I noticed from the Drew Brees videos.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

The locomotion looks much better in NCAA at this point because they are about a month ahead of Madden in terms of development. You should refer to the new NCAA videos to get a more accurate assesment of what it will end up looking like. IMO it looks great and I think it will make a world of difference in the gameplay.

Also, I completely agree that Madden should make stiff arm right trigger since it is not vacant. Someone with a Twitter should send that suggestion to Ian and direct him to this thread.

Last edited by ch46647; 04-27-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
The locomotion looks much better in NCAA at this point because they are about a month ahead of Madden in terms of development. You should refer to the new NCAA videos to get a more accurate assesment of what it will end up looking like. IMO it looks great and I think it will make a world of difference in the gameplay.

Also, I completely agree that Madden should make stiff arm right trigger since it is not vacant. Someone with a Twitter should send that suggestion to Ian and direct him to this thread.
Did and done. Cant hurt for more people to hit him on twitter with it though.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That's been a problem in Madden for awhile now. However some of the animations where the HB slides over a tackle are just from old footage, and we haven't had the opportunity to see the new footage yet. It was one of the first things I noticed from the Drew Brees videos.
How do you know its old footage? your saying the "new" footage that came out is "old"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #32
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
How do you know its old footage? your saying the "new" footage that came out is "old"?
Usually it's from older builds. Unless we know an event is recent, we shouldn't take the build as is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »