Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion.

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #137
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline
Either that's an old build w/o locomotion (doubtful) or its because JJ Arrington has a high agility rating which allows him to turn faster and make sharper turns than someone with a lower agility. The person controlling him made turns that weren't extreme and I think when he starts running towards the sideline he made a cut and branched out of that. The locomotion is a step in the right direction, but I think Madden needs a new physics engine to prevent players from doing this. Even if that is possible in the retail game he should of slipped or at least stumbled a little because making a plant like that and switching directions should be nearly impossible especially in the rain.
That may be it...

I know they spread the ratings but having low AWR isnt gonna cut it(when it doesnt effect anything) especially when you have a rookie with damn near 99 speed, accl and agility....
Old 04-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #138
Banned

OVR: 12

i would love to see some evidence of a cultural shift on the madden team in regards to the way they plan and manage title updates. As an observer it appears that they lack foresight and shoot from the hip on a lot of this stuff. They've shown time and time again that they don't have the resources to deliver projects within the 1 year cycle. why not move projects to a two year cycle and daisy chain the releases. This way EA can market its annual buzzwords, but actually release a fully functional feature set each year.

I say this because simply hiring someone with a great vision of what the game should be isn't enough. The project management philosophy for Madden just seems to lack a long term plan. I'm talking about building a pipeline of innovation that is built on realistic time frames.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #139
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
That may be it...

I know they spread the ratings but having low AWR isnt gonna cut it(when it doesnt effect anything) especially when you have a rookie with damn near 99 speed, accl and agility....

That is no excuse what so ever. You name a quick and nimble RB that does not plant when he changes direction on similar turns.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #140
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
*sigh* Still looks like Game Cube graphics!
You must have a really crappy TV.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #141
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak
Then why is NCAA always a better game? Game-play wise, and graphics...
It hasn't been IMO of course.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #142
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline
Either that's an old build w/o locomotion (doubtful) or its because JJ Arrington has a high agility rating which allows him to turn faster and make sharper turns than someone with a lower agility. The person controlling him made turns that weren't extreme and I think when he starts running towards the sideline he made a cut and branched out of that. The locomotion is a step in the right direction, but I think Madden needs a new physics engine to prevent players from doing this. Even if that is possible in the retail game he should of slipped or at least stumbled a little because making a plant like that and switching directions should be nearly impossible especially in the rain.
And w/o sayin all that you should've just said this..."there is no way that should've happen...especially with a average RB...in the rain"...remember Simpler,Quicker,Deeper
Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 8
I like what I am seeing so far.

Will we be able to trade gameplans?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »