Home

I just don`t buy it... not feeling it.. this year not so good.

This is a discussion on I just don`t buy it... not feeling it.. this year not so good. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
I just don`t buy it... not feeling it.. this year not so good.

Locomotion... Player still move weird... not natural at all.. they still make weird cut, they don`t need to plant his foot to change directions... not seeing it.

Deeper, simple, faster bla bla.. what is that???? who cares if my game last for 1hr... i mean.. every gamer spend like 2 or 3 hs playing games... just made a option to in save games!.

Game planing? it`s just an easy way to fix Ask Corso play logic calls!.
Just let the player select which plays to call on X situation... nothing great about that, just lazy!.

Games are shorter? really? my games last for 45min .. now with the "gameflow" it will last, what 20min? oh yeah right.. but you have to add 20 or 30 min you spent making the game plan before each game...

Really, i feel they are going to the "new crowd" instead on focusing on Hardcore gamers.

Oh and by they way, now with the locomotion thing... players don`t run.. they slide...
I don`t feel they are running now.. take a closer look and they seem to slide instead.
i`m not saying before was perfect, it was AWFUL, but still, when i read about all this locomotion thing i was hyped! now that i see it in action i don`t see that much a difference... rather than well, player are sliding now.

Oh well... i just need to rant.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: I just don`t buy it... not feeling it.. this year not so good.

I actually held out and did not buy Madden 10 on release date, very hard but I did it. Kind of like someone trying to quit smoking I guess? (I don't smoke so I don't know).

I am with you my friend, I will be there at Best Buy the day it comes out and play it on the big TV like I did last year and dissect the game. I am still a Madden Balla at heart, so I will eventually buy the game but not from EA, it will be a used copy from someone on eBay just like I did with Madden 10. I enjoy football and the online aspect, but I hate having to go back and playing other football games for my Franchise fix.

Also, I feel the only person who has been working hard on Madden 10 that is apart of Ian's staff is Donny Moore. He goes through scouting reports day in and day out, probably watches film on how the player performs to make that player play like the real life counterpart. That is sad, because the ratings need to reflect gameplay. He does well over 5,000 ratings if you count their progressions. That is dedication. Give him a raise, EA.

Last edited by MaddenBalla; 04-27-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Bro I know everyone has not been so happy with the next Gen Madden so far. Madden 10 was good but not great. But so far in these clips of madden 11 I have seen. It looks very promising. I know it is still early. But don't judge madden 11 until the final build is done and you have played the demo. Until then there is no reason to judge it so early. I think it looks fine. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Bro I know everyone has not been so happy with the next Gen Madden so far. Madden 10 was good but not great. But so far in these clips of madden 11 I have seen. It looks very promising. I know it is still early. But don't judge madden 11 until the final build is done and you have played the demo. Until then there is no reason to judge it so early. I think it looks fine. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess.
True thing and by the way, Randy Orton is awesome.

But to the point, yes never count the chickens before they hatch. Madden looks very promising especially with that analog stick controlling, similar to MLB 2K10 and EA Skate series. That video I saw had me going!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i mean.. every gamer spend like 2 or 3 hs playing games... just made a option to in save games!
Maybe you do. But not every gamer does.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

I agree on the locomotion aspect... It doesn't look right. I don't see a sense of urgency when a player hits the open field. It looks like they are jogging. Their arms don't seem to move right. In that vid of the saints after Thomas (I think) scores the TD look at how his arms move on his way back to the sidelines... weird. also look at them when both Thomas and Bush break into the open field.. I don't know. I'm going to buy it because that's what I do, but I want to see the players run like an NFL player does.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It's real simple, don't use game plan, game flow. Stick with your game calling from years past and play your game in 45 minutes.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's real simple, don't use game plan, game flow. Stick with your game calling from years past and play your game in 45 minutes.
That is the best option if you don't want to play with gameflow. I plan to try out gameflow. But unless I'm impressed by it. I will stick with the old play calling system.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »