Home

Are these being addressed?

This is a discussion on Are these being addressed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Are these being addressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Maybe wanna' check your facts before posting....Ian stated that they just do not have the technology in place to mocap 22, or even 11 people at one time yet.
Then they need to invent it, or find some genius to invent it for them!!!

I think there is something wrong with player strides, I am not the first to mention that,
WR/DB issue need serious improvement,
OL/DL needs serious improvement (including the outside rusher arc that LBzrule posted about),
LB zone drops need some tweaks,
WRs should not just stand perfectly still at the end of their route (and I know about the way to make them move, but I should not have to, moving to "uncover" when you finish your route is pop warner level),
need to see occasional "bad snaps" based on rating of center/long snapper,
FG blocks need to not magically stick to the guys hand and the game needs to credit your player and the opposing kicker with a block in the right place,
FG trajectory needs fixed,
"gang tackles" "consecutive hits" "finishing hits" and fighting for the fumble all need to happen within the game play,
they need to return to last gen "feel" of control and have the way you hit the buttons matter so you are in control of the "attempted" move,
the ratings all need to matter and make sense (see Ps or Ks on the OL),
kicking game needs fixed (if I up the angle on KOs the ball should be in the air longer - potentially allowing better KO coverage - not just land shorter,
the way the ball moves needs some work,
passing needs more varied ball flight paths,
wind needs to affect the passing game progressively,
blockers should have to "go after" people not be made of some kind of "anti-matter" that creates a black hole effect,
and there is more if you want me to go on...

I don't think that Mocapping 22 people would really work, but they need to get some different hgt, wght players or at least athletes in to mocap, they should mocap them running about 60 yrds - a couple times at full speed, then set up some cones and have them run half speed to cone 1, then accelerate as fast as they can to cone 2, slow down to 3/4 speed from there to cone 3, then sprint through cone 5 & 6 and when you get even with six have them "pretend" they are 5 yards from end zone and "coast" to final line.

They need to have "yard markers" on the field for the mocap equipment so they can have different strides for different hgt players. And they need to get some OL and DL guys in that are different hgts and wghts to do a full contact, but even one on one or one on two drills. It needs so much work!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Then they need to invent it, or find some genius to invent it for them!!!

I think there is something wrong with player strides, I am not the first to mention that,
WR/DB issue need serious improvement,
OL/DL needs serious improvement (including the outside rusher arc that LBzrule posted about),
LB zone drops need some tweaks,
WRs should not just stand perfectly still at the end of their route (and I know about the way to make them move, but I should not have to, moving to "uncover" when you finish your route is pop warner level),
need to see occasional "bad snaps" based on rating of center/long snapper,
FG blocks need to not magically stick to the guys hand and the game needs to credit your player and the opposing kicker with a block in the right place,
FG trajectory needs fixed,
"gang tackles" "consecutive hits" "finishing hits" and fighting for the fumble all need to happen within the game play,
they need to return to last gen "feel" of control and have the way you hit the buttons matter so you are in control of the "attempted" move,
the ratings all need to matter and make sense (see Ps or Ks on the OL),
kicking game needs fixed (if I up the angle on KOs the ball should be in the air longer - potentially allowing better KO coverage - not just land shorter,
the way the ball moves needs some work,
passing needs more varied ball flight paths,
wind needs to affect the passing game progressively,
blockers should have to "go after" people not be made of some kind of "anti-matter" that creates a black hole effect,
and there is more if you want me to go on...

I don't think that Mocapping 22 people would really work, but they need to get some different hgt, wght players or at least athletes in to mocap, they should mocap them running about 60 yrds - a couple times at full speed, then set up some cones and have them run half speed to cone 1, then accelerate as fast as they can to cone 2, slow down to 3/4 speed from there to cone 3, then sprint through cone 5 & 6 and when you get even with six have them "pretend" they are 5 yards from end zone and "coast" to final line.

They need to have "yard markers" on the field for the mocap equipment so they can have different strides for different hgt players. And they need to get some OL and DL guys in that are different hgts and wghts to do a full contact, but even one on one or one on two drills. It needs so much work!!!
It's depressing :[
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 AM   #35
Banned

What's more depressing are all of the threads pointing out even more annoying issues than mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Man im glad some1 finally feels the way i do and want the gameplay fixed. Not any gimmicks like Gameflow and Gameplan. Its clear in all the vids that they havent fixed any of these problems. They are just gonna ship it as is, because the majority of the people are hyped over gameplan and flow. It may be looked at in the 2nd patch that will come 6 months after launch
Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #37
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Man im glad some1 finally feels the way i do and want the gameplay fixed. Not any gimmicks like Gameflow and Gameplan. Its clear in all the vids that they havent fixed any of these problems. They are just gonna ship it as is, because the majority of the people are hyped over gameplan and flow.
Most are hyped for the new locomotion which is a fix in gameplay .

Don't really see how anyone can say that they aren't addressing any game play issues.

Anyways, nice post Boregard.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Most are hyped for the new locomotion which is a fix in gameplay .

Don't really see how anyone can say that they aren't addressing any game play issues.

I trust the new locomotion engine will be a big upgrade for the gameplay. I just think they're missing too much in between still :/
Old 05-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #39
Banned

Updated the OP.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:05 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Thank you.^^^

Just a quick point - my initial reaction to "Gameflow" was not well, ok I was ticked off for a point in fact! The thing is, as I hear more and more about it the feature/change is growing on me and it is an option you can avoid. The reason it got under my skin at first was the thought that I wish they would just concentrate on the way the game plays, franchise depth, and CPU AI.

The more I sit and think about "Gameflow", the more ways I see it being an improvement in two of those areas for sure, and strong possibilities that it can be a strong contributing factor in the third!

Franchise depth- if they are programming the CPU to call plays based on particular coaches' play calling tendencies then it is an instant upgrade to 'chise mode depth, if only that a new OC or DC on a CPU team may change that teams' tendencies and create new strategies, say in your own division.

The fact that the CPU will now call plays based on the situation is possibly a huge upgrade to a very significant area of CPU AI. The CPU calling defensive plays based on your personnel was probably fine tuned and that is an upgrade right there.

Now if the game tracks your play call tendencies and the CPU somehow utilizes that data to "adapt" its game plan for your specific style/scheme that would be an upgrade to all three areas in ways that could prove to provide a deeper level of immersion and expanded replay-ability!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »