Home

Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff?

This is a discussion on Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it stuff? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it st

Oh and hey, ever notice how 99% of the time when you kill the CPU QB they usually manage to get that perfect throw in whereas when it's the CPU hitting your QB they usually manage to get their just a split second AFTER you can throw it perfectly...seems a bit of favoritism toward the CPU.

i'm sure you guys can relate, i've been robbed out of so many sacks on the CPU it's unreal. And on a related note, how STUPID is it that the CPU QB would rather throw an interception (usually pick-six) than it would take a sack?????

I'm all in favor of the CPU trying it's best not to take a sack but we all know in the real world a coach would never coach his QB to avoid the sack at all costs, even if it means throwing into triple coverage. I know it still happens in real life with some QBs (usually under classmen) but in EA's games you can have the best CPU Senior QB in the game on the other side and he still has that ******** logic of 'avoid a sack at all costs, throw into triple coverage if need be to avoid that sack" mentality.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #34
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Hey EA-plz tone down the QB-hit-while-throwin-ball-pops-up-and-DL-picks-6's-it st

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Oh and hey, ever notice how 99% of the time when you kill the CPU QB they usually manage to get that perfect throw in whereas when it's the CPU hitting your QB they usually manage to get their just a split second AFTER you can throw it perfectly...seems a bit of favoritism toward the CPU.

i'm sure you guys can relate, i've been robbed out of so many sacks on the CPU it's unreal. And on a related note, how STUPID is it that the CPU QB would rather throw an interception (usually pick-six) than it would take a sack?????

I'm all in favor of the CPU trying it's best not to take a sack but we all know in the real world a coach would never coach his QB to avoid the sack at all costs, even if it means throwing into triple coverage. I know it still happens in real life with some QBs (usually under classmen) but in EA's games you can have the best CPU Senior QB in the game on the other side and he still has that ******** logic of 'avoid a sack at all costs, throw into triple coverage if need be to avoid that sack" mentality.

Really hoping that this gets fixed for '11.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

I feel like since the patch this hasn't been happening nearly as frequently although I have gotten bored of the game and play much less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

yeah same here man, i don't play as much as i used to but from what i can tell it still happens too much
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

To tell you I see that happen 5 or 6 times a game. When the QB gets hit and the ball floats 3 seconds in the air for a potential interception.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »