Home

GamePlan Better Include Packages

This is a discussion on GamePlan Better Include Packages within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: GamePlan Better Include Packages

those sound like advanced features. in all fairness I think we have to give them a chance to figure out what works and what doesn't. community feedback will help them fine tune this feature. I personally will not use it as a down and distance guide but simply a place to capture my favorite plays
Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Sorry if I'm confused on this topic, but J Masta are you referring to packages like how it was setup in NFL Head Coach 09 where you can swap out players in a partciular position for that particular play that you were trying to run.

For instance, if it's 3rd and 1 and you normally have a speed back in for that play, you switch him out (on the fly) and put in a power back to get that 1st down.

Is that what you are talking about?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

In my 3rd and short and goal line packages I would already have my power back or jumbo personnel in on most of my plays in those situations. Or at least a 50/50 split.

I guess I'm not certain you can do that because that is essentially a formation sub and I'm not sure those are in. Ideally in your gameplan you should be able to have correct packages for certain situations. Hmm.

Let's get this out there so, if it's not in they get it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I think as long as they have formation subs and you can save them either from roster menu or I prefer in game also it will work with what your saying.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

I hope there's formation subs outside the game and in the pause menu this year.

I love the ability to change them from the playcalling screen in m10, but there's no way to save them from game to game.

If I can't set up formation subs in advance, or at least as part of gameplan, then this feature likely won't work for me.

Also, if the defensive gameplan is based strictly on formations only, then there's issues there too... On D, everybody will obviously choose Pass D against a Dime O, yet in 3rd and 1 we can choose a 4WR set and run it up the gut every single time no problem.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

I have no idea how topics I start confuse people so much, but they always do.

Let's establish some definitions, so when you see them in something I say, you know what they refer to:

Packages:
alterations to the personnel on the field that can be accessed from the play-call screen without going into the depth chart

This is NOT an advanced feature and has been in the game with the standard playbooks for a while.

ex: Spell HB (puts your 2nd string HB in), Jumbo (FB as HB), TE Slot (puts TE in the slot).

GamePlan: the new feature that allows you to select 15 plays for a given situation (2nd and long, 3rd and short); when you are in the playcall screen and you select this feature, the 15 plays relevant to the situation come up.

ex: for 3rd and short I put in a lot of dives, power runs, quick passes, and PA passes for my GamePlan, so when that situation arises and I select GamePlan, these are the 15 plays I can choose from.
Here's what I want: While I am using GamePlan and I am in the playcall screen, I also want the ability to employ my packages as well.

Formation subs are NOT what I'm talking about. They are way too broad a brush. For instance, I don't want my power back to replace my starter on ALL I-Form plays, just ones on 3rd and short. I am talking about PACKAGES, not FORMATIONS SUBS.

joejccva, yes that is what I'm talking about. On the fly, PLAY SPECIFIC (not formation specific), substitution or player reassignments (switching WR's side or something).

The reason i DON'T think this will be included with GamePlan is because when you do GamePlan you aren't just picking ONE formation, you're picking a bunch of individual plays from a variety of formations, thus making it more difficult to include packages that are tailored for specific formations...but a guy can hope, right? let's hope EA proves me wrong.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I have no idea how topics I start confuse people so much, but they always do.

Let's establish some definitions, so when you see them in something I say, you know what they refer to:

Packages: alterations to the personnel on the field that can be accessed from the play-call screen without going into the depth chart

This is NOT an advanced feature and has been in the game with the standard playbooks for a while.

ex: Spell HB (puts your 2nd string HB in), Jumbo (FB as HB), TE Slot (puts TE in the slot).

GamePlan: the new feature that allows you to select 15 plays for a given situation (2nd and long, 3rd and short); when you are in the playcall screen and you select this feature, the 15 plays relevant to the situation come up.

ex: for 3rd and short I put in a lot of dives, power runs, quick passes, and PA passes for my GamePlan, so when that situation arises and I select GamePlan, these are the 15 plays I can choose from.
Here's what I want: While I am using GamePlan and I am in the playcall screen, I also want the ability to employ my packages as well.

Formation subs are NOT what I'm talking about. They are way too broad a brush. For instance, I don't want my power back to replace my starter on ALL I-Form plays, just ones on 3rd and short. I am talking about PACKAGES, not FORMATIONS SUBS.

joejccva, yes that is what I'm talking about. On the fly, PLAY SPECIFIC (not formation specific), substitution or player reassignments (switching WR's side or something).

The reason i DON'T think this will be included with GamePlan is because when you do GamePlan you aren't just picking ONE formation, you're picking a bunch of individual plays from a variety of formations, thus making it more difficult to include packages that are tailored for specific formations...but a guy can hope, right? let's hope EA proves me wrong.
Awesome bro...yea I loved that feature in NFLHC09. As with you I don't think it will be included with Gameplan unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Awesome bro...yea I loved that feature in NFLHC09. As with you I don't think it will be included with Gameplan unfortunately.
which is a shame because GamePlan is such a good feature...but if you can't use packages with it, that takes a lot out of it. i might just want to avoid the hassle and use the same old school playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »