Home

GamePlan Better Include Packages

This is a discussion on GamePlan Better Include Packages within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: GamePlan Better Include Packages

Hey, I think here's a way to know if it will be in there or not.

Someone, go play a game. When you're calling plays, go to Ask Madden. When you're on the Ask Madden screen, can you use "Packages" ?

If yes, then you should be able to with GamePlan.

If not, then I doubt it.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

Short of EA clarification, this thread is a great example of why I sense that many sim-players will end up not using these features and go the traditional route of playcalling.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #19
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

J Masta,

I knew way you were talking about, I was just adding in way Gameflow should bring to the table as well.
As far as gameplan from the playcall screen I think your out of luck unless you have those packages as part of your Gameplan plays. But there's always hope.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

so my question is do you want the cpu to make those adjustments or do you want them yourself to do. so on specific plays for instance with the eagles : on third and short you would like to see weaver at singleback with te and maybe an online man in a single double te formation , then on the next down same formation but with mccoy in at back and normal te's

that my friend would be awesome if the cpu did that sort of thing
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
MVP

Hova57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I hope there's formation subs outside the game and in the pause menu this year.

I love the ability to change them from the playcalling screen in m10, but there's no way to save them from game to game.

If I can't set up formation subs in advance, or at least as part of gameplan, then this feature likely won't work for me.

Also, if the defensive gameplan is based strictly on formations only, then there's issues there too... On D, everybody will obviously choose Pass D against a Dime O, yet in 3rd and 1 we can choose a 4WR set and run it up the gut every single time no problem.
as far from game to game ncaa did have formation saves from game to game in franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
so my question is do you want the cpu to make those adjustments or do you want them yourself to do. so on specific plays for instance with the eagles : on third and short you would like to see weaver at singleback with te and maybe an online man in a single double te formation , then on the next down same formation but with mccoy in at back and normal te's

that my friend would be awesome if the cpu did that sort of thing
No, i would not like this at all. I want COMPLETE control. I dont want the computer to automatically do ANYTHING. I would like, however, the ability to make changes like these easily from the play call screen, a la PACKAGES.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
MVP

Hova57's Arena

i gotcha i hope that can be done
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

In HC09, regardless of how you were calling a play, whether it be by type of play (inside run, shotgun, etc.), formation, by success, etc. etc. you could hit the square button (on ps3) and do a 'quick sub' for any player at any position for that play. If they made a feature similar to this, it'd be accessible through the game plan as well. If it was 3rd and 1 and you wanted to run a dive with your power back you could just 'quick sub' him in. Now if you wanted to run that same play later with your quick back, you'd have to remember to sub him back in on that play. It's a cool feature, but I'd prefer for it to go back to default after each play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »