Home

3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really???

This is a discussion on 3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really???

3-4 DT

S. Rogers - 98 - CLE
C. Hampton - 98 - PIT
J. Williams - 98 - S.D.
V. Wilfork - 97 - N.E.
A. Franklin - 95 - S.F.
K. Jenkins - 95 - N.Y.J.

4-3 DT

A. Haynesworth - 99 - WAS
P. Williams - 98 - MIN
J. Henderson - 95 - JAC
G. Jackson - 95 – DET

3-4 DE

J. Jolly - 95 - G.B.
A. Smith - 92 - PIT
S. Ellis - 91 - N.Y.J.
T. Warren - 89 - N.E.
T. Pryce - 89 - BAL
K. Landford - 87 - MIA
I. Sopoaga - 87 - S.F.

4-3 DE

R. Seymour - 95 - OAK - (switched from 3-4)
T. Jackson - 88 - K.C. - (Rookie)
K. Moore - 85 - T.B. - (Rookie)

3-4 RE

H. Ngata - 98 - BAL
L. Castillo - 96 - S.D.
R. Starks - 95 - MIA
I. Olshansky - 90 - DAL
D. Dockett - 90 - ARI
J. Bannan - 88 - BAL
J. Smith - 88 - S.F.
A. Branch - 87 - ARI
C. Jenkins - 87 - G.B.

4-3 RE

J. Allen - 88 – MIN

This is why 3-4 DE's and DT's see crazy sack numbers...4-3 DE’s and DT’s are the one’s who get sacks not 3-4 DE’s and DT’s…in the 3-4 scheme that role is played by the OLB’s…IMO this needs to be reversed…notice who’s not on this list from the 4-3…J. Peppers(63),R. Mathis(67),D. Freeney(72),O. Umenyiora(65),J. Tuck(75),M. Williams(78),T. Cole(78)…I know block shed is mainly for the run but could we see a PBS(pass block shed) in the future…if not plz crank up these DE’s and DT’s from the 4-3…your killing the 4-3 scheme users…DT’s for the 4-3 isn’t the main problem but the DE’s gotta get a raise

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 01-21-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 3-4 block shed v 4-3 block shed...WTF really???

Good points.

BSH does not distinguish between run and pass plays.

They need a BSH for running plays and a BSH for passing plays, or just a rating that separates Run Stop vs. Pass Rush skills.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Yes, echoing what I said back in a thread where Casey Hampton was going crazy rushing the passer.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5

Good post man. I doubt EA will address it though.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

This IMO is a weird setup they have. Why have two ratings for moves and then a different rating that amplifies or diminishes the effectiveness of those moves?

BKS really should only apply to running game? Is that the general consensus that I am hearing?

I agree that DTs in general and 3-4 DEs get too many sacks, both in gameplay and especially in sim stats. But, while I agree, does anyone have some idea as to how it should work, or how EA should go about fixing it? Do they adjust the ratings based on "general scheme" 3-4 or 4-3, which I think is a bad idea because 3-4 teams sometimes use DEs as "inside rushers" or DTs in pass defense formations, nickel or dime.

I don't know how they should fix it and I was wondering if anyone did have an idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
This IMO is a weird setup they have. Why have two ratings for moves and then a different rating that amplifies or diminishes the effectiveness of those moves?

BKS really should only apply to running game? Is that the general consensus that I am hearing?

I agree that DTs in general and 3-4 DEs get too many sacks, both in gameplay and especially in sim stats. But, while I agree, does anyone have some idea as to how it should work, or how EA should go about fixing it? Do they adjust the ratings based on "general scheme" 3-4 or 4-3, which I think is a bad idea because 3-4 teams sometimes use DEs as "inside rushers" or DTs in pass defense formations, nickel or dime.

I don't know how they should fix it and I was wondering if anyone did have an idea?
A Pass Rush vs. Run Stop Rating.

Let's say Hampton's Run Stop is a 97 and his Pass Rush is a 55. If it's a run, his strong BSH and Power moves are really effective. If it's a pass, those moves are now diminished by his poor pass rush rating.

Let's say Freeney's Run Stop is a 55 and his Pass Rush is a 97. If it's a run, his awesome spin move is basically negated by his 55. When it's a pass, his spin move and speed rush are game changers.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
A Pass Rush vs. Run Stop Rating.

Let's say Hampton's Run Stop is a 97 and his Pass Rush is a 55. If it's a run, his strong BSH and Power moves are really effective. If it's a pass, those moves are now diminished by his poor pass rush rating.

Let's say Freeney's Run Stop is a 55 and his Pass Rush is a 97. If it's a run, his awesome spin move is basically negated by his 55. When it's a pass, his spin move and speed rush are game changers.

Nice, see I have been trying to wrap my mind around an idea to suggest but had all these very complicated scenarios, you way to me seems like it would be effective and is simple- at least on the surface! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

This is why I think they should have several rating guys. Not just one rating "czar". Not enough individuality between players in certain schemes with one guy there in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »