Home

How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now?

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: After Reading the Live Chat on Gameflow/Gameplan, I'm
more excited than I was before I read it 31 19.38%
not as excited as I was before I read it. 38 23.75%
still on the fence about it. 33 20.63%
still not excited about it. 58 36.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 AM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Re-read what you wrote...especially the bolded part...they change their plan.
Indeed they do change their plan. But they aren't using a new game plan.

I am not sure you really understand the term gameplan and the context it is used in this instance.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I feel like that Gameflow will be ok for this year. But because subing is not in it. It is only half done. I feel that they have more work to do on it for 2012. But I will not us it this year. I will keep with the regular playbook calling.
Yeah not being able to use the personel packages, takes something away for sure.

I'll try it, but not sure what to think just yet.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:10 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Indeed they do change their plan. But they aren't using a new game plan.

I am not sure you really understand the term gameplan and the context it is used in this instance.
If they pull in plays that are not part of their original gameplan, or scrap what plays WERE in the original plan, then they are in essence changing their gameplan...not rocket science, so what's so difficult to understand?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
If they pull in plays that are not part of their original gameplan, or scrap what plays WERE in the original plan, then they are in essence changing their gameplan...not rocket science, so what's so difficult to understand?
That's really not what they are doing. Again, I don't think you really get the concept of a gameplan in this context.

If you want to make it out so I am the one who has difficulty understanding the concept, that's fine with me.

Personally I see where they were going with it, and I don't have a problem with that piece of it.

The sub thing, is big to me, that's off-putting.

But I'll wait till I actually use it, before I declare it broken or a gimmick. Maybe that's just me.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #13
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Gameflow/Gameplan is beginning to look like another feature that I will never use.

It is also fairly clear that Gameflow/Gameplan is here to stay. So unfortunately for me, the developement team will be devoting man-hours into this feature for the rest of this generation, which will only end-up syphoning resources and developement time away from other areas of the game that are more relavent to my interests.

I know its still very early, but I can't help but feel like 'in-game saves' (a feature that continues to be placed on the back-burner) was omitted this year because someone at EA thought Gameflow/Gameplan would be a viable substitute...I hope I'm wrong.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 05-06-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:17 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's really not what they are doing. Again, I don't think you really get the concept of a gameplan in this context.

If you want to make it out so I am the one who has difficulty understanding the concept, that's fine with me.

Personally I see where they were going with it, and I don't have a problem with that piece of it.

The sub thing, is big to me, that's off-putting.

But I'll wait till I actually use it, before I declare it broken or a gimmick. Maybe that's just me.
Ditto.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Gameflow/Gameplan is beginning to look like another feature that I will never use.

It is also fairly clear that Gameflow/Gameplan is here to stay. So unfortunately for me, the developement team will be devoting man-hours into this feature for the rest of this generation, which will only end-up syphoning resources and developement time away from other areas of the game that are more relavent to my interests.

I know its still very early, but I can't help but feel like 'in-game saves' were omitted this year because someone at EA thought Gameflow/Gameplan would be a "better" solution...I hope I'm wrong.
My feelings exactly. This could have been done SO much better....reminds me of last year's online franchise....half baked and fundamentally broken because of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

I know its still very early, but I can't help but feel like 'in-game saves' were omitted this year because someone at EA thought Gameflow/Gameplan would be a "better" solution...I hope I'm wrong.
Well the Gameplan is worth using sometime. But without subing it is a big hole in the gameplan feature. But hopefully in madden 12 they will add it. But It is a work in progress still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »