Home

When will EA add consecutive hit tackles?

This is a discussion on When will EA add consecutive hit tackles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: When will EA add consecutive hit tackles?

I can not buy Madden without consecutive hit tackles! Just can't! Hopefully Backbreaker is good because I don't see my self buying Madden until Madden 15 or whenever the ps4 comes out.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #18
Rookie

RobertBrazil's Arena

OVR: 3

def agree with OP. I notice this alot in M10 and I just figured it was year one of pro-tak and they would get it fixed for M11. not sure if there's still time but im still prayin. irritates the hell out of me when the defense comes up to help tackle and falls over like a ****** =( .
Old 05-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

What I dont get is how they can have branch animations, but they can't have branch tackling. If 2k sports could do it I really dont understand why EA can't
Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I respect Apex and all. But no game is going to be perfect. Apex seems to want madden to be perfect on every little aspect of real life football. No game is perfect. I'm sure Apex will find this in the new BB game coming out and all. But I'm sorry if every little aspect of madden ain't perfect. Ian and crew is trying their best. What more can they do in a short time frame.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I respect Apex and all. But no game is going to be perfect. Apex seems to want madden to be perfect on every little aspect of real life football. No game is perfect. I'm sure Apex will find this in the new BB game coming out and all. But I'm sorry if every little aspect of madden ain't perfect. Ian and crew is trying their best. What more can they do in a short time frame.
I don't think Apex expects the game to be perfect but I think that he wants it to have football logic. Most of his videos are based on physics. "PHYSICS ARE NOT RESPECTED" I too get frustrated when I see 2K5 doing a perfect job on physics but Madden isn't even close to physics. I know Ian has seen his videos and acknowledge them yet there's no improvement in the physics department, which tells me that either they can't do it or they aren't going to sacrifice a year's just to improve on that aspect.

Gameflow is okay and all but what good is this feature when the outcome of plays are random because of the flaws of the physics engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
I don't think Apex expects the game to be perfect but I think that he wants it to have football logic. Most of his videos are based on physics. "PHYSICS ARE NOT RESPECTED" I too get frustrated when I see 2K5 doing a perfect job on physics but Madden isn't even close to physics. I know Ian has seen his videos and acknowledge them yet there's no improvement in the physics department, which tells me that either they can't do it or they aren't going to sacrifice a year's just to improve on that aspect.

Gameflow is okay and all but what good is this feature when the outcome of plays are random because of the flaws of the physics engine.
Yup, this is why Apex is going crazy over Backbreaker. I'm sure he's seen the videos and while the physics are top notch I doubt he's expecting NFL 2K5 gameplay. Of course with the right implementation and practice Euphoria can be used in Madden, but the only way that can work in the next cycle is if EA brought the Backbreaker team to work on Madden and overhauled the physics engine, which wont happen this generation.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #23
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius

Well with the new locomotion engine this year I'm sure it will solve alot of the movement and oline blocking problems as they addressed in the ncaa live chat today. But far as tackling goes. I'm not sure about that. But I'm sure if this becomes a big topic and all. The Ian will look into this and try to fix this stuff in 2012 madden. They can't address everything at once. But I know apex feel that he ain't getting the madden he deserves for what he pays for every year. But me I guess since I'm old school madden and all. Things people point out that is wrong in the game doesn't bother me all that much. I play it to have fun. Not to belly ache about every little aspect of the game that is not correct.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 05-07-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #24
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't help but sit back and laugh. It's funny how now that EA has the exclusive liscense everyone realizes Madden wasn't the best football game. I've hated Madden since the mid-90's when it was going head to head with Sega's football games on the Genesis. Back then everyone couldn't stop talking about Madden and how great it was and I kept telling them, check out Sega's football game, it's so much better. Eventually though, Madden won out and Sega's game went into hibernation. Then the Dreamcast comes out and I play on a friend's system and he's got the football game Sega made for the Dreamcast and my jaw was on the floor at how great it looked and played. Then the Dreamcast failed and the Sega football game went back into a brief hibernation only to come back as the 2K series. And just as it was gaining some momentum, Madden buys the exclusive liscense. So, now we're all stuck with an inferior football game all because the kids in my generation were so wow'd by a fricken ambulance coming out on the field in a video game. Sorry for the rant, I just want my football game back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »