Home

When will EA add consecutive hit tackles?

This is a discussion on When will EA add consecutive hit tackles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: When will EA add consecutive hit tackles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The ragdoll alternative does look damn good but it's not yet proven to work. IF and when the ragdoll alternative is proven to work in a game, you'd better bet EA is buying up that Euphoria tech. IF Backbreaker proves that ragdoll physics work in a football game, then we'll see it in Madden.
When has EA ever put in any technology that is proven to work in Madden? Why didn't they just buy 2K's engine 5 years ago? You make it sound so simple like "Oh, EA is looking for the best technology out there and whatever works, they're bringing it in." If that was their mentality, Madden would have been light years ahead of 2K5 instead of still lagging behind after 6 years.

EA doesn't go out and actively look to improve Madden. They selectively ration the improvements so they can make a new version every year. Period.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Yes it can. Was done a few years ago in fact. You'll see multiple instances in this video:

I think even 2K5 had better multi-player interactions. It's not only about the tackles - it's the way all players interact and how seamless the interaction occurs imo. The problem is what it's always been - Tiburon's approach. I think the reason Pro-Tak disappoints as much as it does is it's original focus seemed to be on how many [more] players they could get to interact on tackles than had been done previously. Thus all the "9+ players interacting at once" hype talk at first. Until people discovered it looked more like a rugby scrum than NFL football and they neutered the effect so it didn't occur as much. It was a good idea, a necessary improvement - but from a conceptual standpoint it seems totally misguided and poorly implemented. Or maybe implemented well because they thought rugby scrums/backs breaking out of 4 defender tackles looked good.

If they can ever get away from patting themselves on the back for doing things they're supposed to be doing, maybe they'll be able to concentrate on real innovation. I think the system of momentum they developed with the NCAA series (and PS2 Madden up until Madden '04, when they made a significant change) is what they should've been shooting for. And part of the reason why the series has never gotten back to it's top-dog status of last gen, even though they have zero competition.
Was referring to EA's TECH NOT being able to do it....It sIS possible...But the question was directed towards EA's Tech....

I dont like to make 2K vs EA comparisons....

I agree tho.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Was referring to EA's TECH NOT being able to do it....It sIS possible...But the question was directed towards EA's Tech....

I dont like to make 2K vs EA comparisons....

I agree tho.
Ah, got it. My intent wasn't to make a EA/2K comparison btw. Just wanted to show it's been done before. One of my big problems with Tiburon is they hype things into infinity with all these technological buzz-catchphrases, people buy into it, and the next year it's pushed to the back burner or forgotten outright. Instead of taking an idea and steadily improving on it. I thought this year we'd be getting some hype talk on Pro-Tak 2.0 or whatever they wanted to call it. The "Game that adapts to you" talk from a few years ago is pretty much dead. Wasn't much put into trying to develop Vision Cone it seems. Running back running styles of a few years ago - limited to a handful of runners initially, then abandoned outright lol. Procedural Awareness.

And now all this talk on locomotion and right stick control - but so far no love for giving the defensive side of the ball some right-stick control love, which is par for the course for them. While other companies do a better job at implementing what they're trying to implement and don't break their arms patting themselves on the back for doing it. After so many years and them being the only option, the approach is frustrating and tiring to go through

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

@ the APF video still ****ting on Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

There looks to be a consecutive tackles in this vid. Forward to about 1/3 of the way through as soon as he says "Locomotion lets talk about that" (wish is displayed the time). You see number 22 break off a tackle then getting hit again and falling over.. Looks nice. There is also another tackle that 2/3 of the way that looks very nice too. At the end you see protack which also looks better. This whole vid is just good to watch animations wise.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Ah, got it. My intent wasn't to make a EA/2K comparison btw. Just wanted to show it's been done before. One of my big problems with Tiburon is they hype things into infinity with all these technological buzz-catchphrases, people buy into it, and the next year it's pushed to the back burner or forgotten outright. Instead of taking an idea and steadily improving on it. I thought this year we'd be getting some hype talk on Pro-Tak 2.0 or whatever they wanted to call it. The "Game that adapts to you" talk from a few years ago is pretty much dead. Wasn't much put into trying to develop Vision Cone it seems. Running back running styles of a few years ago - limited to a handful of runners initially, then abandoned outright lol. Procedural Awareness.

And now all this talk on locomotion and right stick control - but so far no love for giving the defensive side of the ball some right-stick control love, which is par for the course for them. While other companies do a better job at implementing what they're trying to implement and don't break their arms patting themselves on the back for doing it. After so many years and them being the only option, the approach is frustrating and tiring to go through
I have wondered why EA continues do give nothing to the D...Maybe part of it is do to the fact they want to cater to a larger audience and appeal to casuals (and they WANT points not D struggles)....< that is part of the reason madden hasnt really taken bugger srides to make the game more sim...IDK. Madden 10 WAS better, but not a GREAT as many said it was.

I am just still VERY sour on madden ever since that MESS that was madden 06 on next gen...That title and THAT decision IMHO is why madden is just nmow getting up to speed....

Who really knows though beside EA themselves....
Old 05-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
biglarry backbreaker seems to be doing a pretty good job with it and thats commin out on current gen
Im talking about EA Madden!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #40
Rookie

RobertBrazil's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713

There looks to be a consecutive tackles in this vid. Forward to about 1/3 of the way through as soon as he says "Locomotion lets talk about that" (wish is displayed the time). You see number 22 break off a tackle then getting hit again and falling over.. Looks nice. There is also another tackle that 2/3 of the way that looks very nice too. At the end you see protack which also looks better. This whole vid is just good to watch animations wise.
that's not what he means by consecutive hit tackles. he means, when your being tackled by a defender, OTHER defenders can come in and help. ( pro-tak ) which is broken was supposed to do that. instead, right now, when your being tackled by a defender, everyone else just bounces off of you and falls to the ground. I didn't see the other tackle animation you were talking about. a time would have been better instead of 2/3 the way.

i hate when i have a defender comming up to tackle the runner short of the first and as hes falling forward another defender comes in to help push him back but nope. he just falls over and the runner still gets his first down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »