Home

I wonder what would happen if we nitpicked m04 like m10

This is a discussion on I wonder what would happen if we nitpicked m04 like m10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: I wonder what would happen if we nitpicked m04 like m10

What seems to go unspoken in all these critiques is sliders. I played madden 10 as my first next gen madden. I now have 11. Both were almost unplayable to me until I fixed the sliders. On all pro I killed the cpu with the same plays over and over. (power 0 on running plays and verticals on passes)...on all madden I couldnt' do anything nor stop the cpu...every other pass got picked etc. I stopped playing madden 10 for about 2 months because I was so frustrated. I learned got better and for madden 11 have great sliders for myself.
The game play is excellent...not perfect, somethings are still a bit cheesy and annoying but overall I'm very happy,. It's more challenging than the old gen which had money plays that worked over and over. ON M11 I find I have no money plays. Nothing works all the time and I'd swear the cpu know which plays I like and stuffs it regularly now causing me to change up my play calls alot.
It's not perfect, and franchise and other areas need serious upgrades but overall I'm pretty happy.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #90
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
What seems to go unspoken in all these critiques is sliders. I played madden 10 as my first next gen madden. I now have 11. Both were almost unplayable to me until I fixed the sliders. On all pro I killed the cpu with the same plays over and over. (power 0 on running plays and verticals on passes)...on all madden I couldnt' do anything nor stop the cpu...every other pass got picked etc. I stopped playing madden 10 for about 2 months because I was so frustrated. I learned got better and for madden 11 have great sliders for myself.
The game play is excellent...not perfect, somethings are still a bit cheesy and annoying but overall I'm very happy,. It's more challenging than the old gen which had money plays that worked over and over. ON M11 I find I have no money plays. Nothing works all the time and I'd swear the cpu know which plays I like and stuffs it regularly now causing me to change up my play calls alot.
It's not perfect, and franchise and other areas need serious upgrades but overall I'm pretty happy.

Sliders are brought up ALL THE TIME. Unfortunately, sliders do nothing to fix most of the issues with the game.

You can adjust sliders so that stats and final scores are in line with the real life NFL, but that has nothing to do with making the action on the field resemble the real life NFL.

The game has issues from a programming standpoint. If your TV has primary colors that are way off, you can adjust the color controls all you want, they will never, ever, ever be accurate. A slider would be analogous to trying to correct improper primaries with the Tint control.

As Marko from "Taken" would say, good luck.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #91
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm just gonna close this since it was bumped by a spammer, and the topic was dead already. Congrats, LT you got the last word.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »