Home

Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
cut scenes

I was just wondering if anyone thought that a cut scene on a break away play would be neat addition to the game. Reason I bring it up was because as I was playing Madden today I throw a quick slant to Crabtree who got inside position on the corner who I knew was playing man with the safety up. Once Crabtree got by the safety he was off the races and of course no one was going to catch him.

Thing was I did all this from inside my own 30 and ran it 70 plus yards, 57 yards after the catch to be exact. So instead of me controlling the player and running in a straight line I was wondering if anyone thought a cut scene would be welcome, like a taking it to the house cut scene. Maybe where the camera is in front of the player running showing those players trying to run him down. I know you don't have any control of the player but what's the difference? You're still taking it to the house. Would this take away from the sim part of the game or would it make more arcadish?

I think there are many things missing from Madden that could give it a more authentic feel, the feeling you're playing an NFL game. Just wondering what everyone else thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: cut scenes

Could be cool. It all depends on how it would be implemented.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
If the game properly calculated that it would be impossible for the ballcarrier to be caught, factoring in fatigue as well, then I think such a feature would actually be very cool. Nothing too crazy though just a switch to the type of camera angles a tv broadcast would use in that situation.

I wouldn't mind a similar treatment for long wide-open passes but again it would have to be a guarantee nobody could catch the receiver.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 02-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
If the game properly calculated that it would be impossible for the ballcarrier to be caught, factoring in fatigue as well, then I think such a feature would actually be very cool. Nothing too crazy though just a switch to the type of camera angles a tv broadcast would use in that situation.

I wouldn't mind a similar treatment for long wide-open passes but again it would have to be a guarantee nobody could catch the receiver.
I think it would be cool but then some people wont like it due to it taking the "control" out of the player.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I would say no to that one man. Just use that same camera angle for a replay of the outcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

NO NO NOOOO.... Thats like going back to the double dribble days when a cutscene would cue when your attempting a dunk. Keep everything real time in regards to gameplay.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

No, but along those same lines---on a replay, have a choice of watching your guy, or a sideline scene with your teammates cheering you on and running with you.

In other words, more replay camera options...
Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd rather just have good replays with analysis. I'm tired of this cinematic approach Tiburon tries to take. I want to see what I see on Sunday. Cameras, analysis, stat overlays. No cinematics. Real time stuff.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »