Home

NCAA Football Blog (Pregame Entrances) & Potential Implementation in Madden

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Blog (Pregame Entrances) & Potential Implementation in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football Blog (Pregame Entrances) & Potential Implementation in Madden

I hate Chris Berman.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I want to clarify, what I think would be nifty about this feature's use in Madden has nothing to do with the pre-game aspect of it. I think them utilizing it properly could create some fun interactions with players after TD's, INT's, at the end of games (different scenes depending on how game finishes), in the playoffs, and superbowl, etc. I'm with the folks who don't see the point of players walking off of buses randomly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
My guess is the "tool" just controls which players faces, names, and numbers are loaded onto the cut scene. How much you wanna bet if you put someone other than Drew Brees at QB for the Saints, you see the same animation just with said player in Drew Brees' place. Which would totally ruin cut scenes made for specific player's pregame rituals.
I would disagree with this. Cut scenes used in Madden 10, er, generally put the right people in place when loading the cut scenes. I think they actually build the entire cut scenes with the tool (animations, etc.).

Though, I do agree that if the Saints keep that same pre-game cut scene twenty years into franchise mode, that would not be too well thought out. If they tie it to Brees, and he's traded to the Seahawks, and the Seahawks start doing it, well, now that would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Look please don't give Ian the idea of doing the very next blog on presention. Leave the presention blog for last are something. I really want a blog on offline franchise improvements. instead.
I'm sorry for influencing their blog topic schedule with a post on a forum. Should we stop discussing everything on this forum except for offline franchise to appease you? Look, the only mode I play is offline franchise in Madden - I'm a stat whore that's been obsessed with the game since its inception. But this topic isn't about offline franchise. Unless, of course, you're discussing how the potential, speculated upon new presentation elements will work in franchise mode.

Last edited by mikealltogether; 05-07-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #19
All Star

NCAA last year sent out a survey to thousands of consumers prioritising about 25 possible improvements.

NCAA has delivered on about the top 6 or 7. And the fans have replied in kind.

Madden should do the same. ASK THE CONSUMERS WHAT THEY WANT. And people can't help but stop complaining. [people have stopped complaining in NCAA forums].

Madden would be foolish not to survey its audience. And I'm sure Peter Moore will agree after he sees the success of NCAA so far.

Concluding: Maybe next year for Madden.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
NCAA last year sent out a survey to thousands of consumers prioritising about 25 possible improvements.

NCAA has delivered on about the top 6 or 7. And the fans have replied in kind.

Madden should do the same. ASK THE CONSUMERS WHAT THEY WANT. And people can't help but stop complaining. [people have stopped complaining in NCAA forums].

Madden would be foolish not to survey its audience. And I'm sure Peter Moore will agree after he sees the success of NCAA so far.

Concluding: Maybe next year for Madden.
They did that for Madden 10 at OS. I don't think it stopped the complaining.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #21
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They did that for Madden 10 at OS. I don't think it stopped the complaining.
It wasn't a serious survey. This NCAA was a serious and specifically requested the consumers to prioritise what they wanted in NCAA 11.

The polls and stuff at OS mean nothing more than a couple of hundred people.

NCAA saw what people wanted in their top 5. ANd they went check check check check check in NCAA 11. People are happy. Whatever else is 'icing on the cake' as they say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #22
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Right Exonerated, plus I think they might get the whole list done, the rest thats left is more Franchise driven so we might get the whole list
Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #23
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
That seems really cool, but other than a few teams such as the Saints and Ravens, I don't feel like there's many pre-game rituals among NFL teams. Maybe I'm just not knowledgable of the subject...
This is how the Vikings come out for all their home games.. It usually isn't on TV but live it is incredible.. The dome is rocking by this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czdte...eature=related
Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The polls and stuff at OS mean nothing more than a couple of hundred people.
I understand that, but let's not shortchange what Ian and company tried to accomplish for Madden 10.

Ian asked for a list of 25 things people wanted to see in Madden 10.

I'm assuming it was done on a smaller scale, sure. They didn't post something like that on their website.

The philosophy was still there, but on a smaller scale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »