Home

It has been mighty quiet for the past week and 1/2

This is a discussion on It has been mighty quiet for the past week and 1/2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: It has been mighty quiet for the past week and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoostheMoos
Well, there are really only so many ways to say "its the same damn game with a fresh coat of paint" anyway...

Ouch..Brutal
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoostheMoos
Well, there are really only so many ways to say "its the same damn game with a fresh coat of paint" anyway...
lol, I think this is a more realistic approach to what they're installing into the game. I actually don't mind it. After last year's "a blog every week" fiasco, It's actually refreshing to see the blogs come out slower this year. I have much more faith that what they talk about this year is actually in the game and working as opposed to last year's blog every week, where only about 1/3 of that worked correctly.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol, I think this is a more realistic approach to what they're installing into the game. I actually don't mind it. After last year's "a blog every week" fiasco, It's actually refreshing to see the blogs come out slower this year. I have much more faith that what they talk about this year is actually in the game and working as opposed to last year's blog every week, where only about 1/3 of that worked correctly.
I dont follow your logic. Less blogs = higher productivity ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
I dont follow your logic. Less blogs = higher productivity ?
Well, last year, they were doing blogs on things that weren't in the game yet just to fill the weeks. They were talking about things that they were planning on putting in the game, but, in the end, they couldn't get them in for whatever reason. The result was a backlash from the community and a feeling among some(including myself) that they had been lied to.

Fast forward to this year and they are taking a more realistic approach. Everything that they have talked about this year, has been seen in game as opposed to last year, where, most of the time, it was shown using a computer animation program or whatever that was called(you guys know what I'm talking about). I have seen sideline catches in game, didn't see those last year. I have seen locomotion in game, didn't see that last year. I have seen these things in game.

They are only announcing things that can be shown in game. Naturally, you're going to have a longer time in between blogs(as they work on games) and not as many announcements(since you're only announcing what is in game and not what you HOPE to get in the game).
Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #13
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

For all who keep saying "its still early, give it time more info will come out soon", just stop. Its May, we have only gotten 3 or 4 legit feature blogs and the rest is all rehashing bullsh. last year we had a blog every week before E3 and look at how the game turned out. This year, i would have been fine with a reduction of the # of blogs, but to only have 1 every 3 weeks is just stupid. Yea, thats how they used to do it, but before M10 on next gen the games were horrendous and the one year they actually listened to the community as a whole the game was amazing. I understand some people were extremely immature and harsh but that doesnt mean you abandon the best way of making the game actually play and look good.

NCAA has a blog out around every 7-10 days, and look at how the game is looking now. Earlier the gameplay looked horrible, but they came out and told us that the gameplay was not NCAA 11, they have new videos with improved gameplay. While I still don't think the gameplay looks that great, they atleast are interacting with us and trying to make the game better. While Madden has released multiple videos showing gameplay and we all complain about how horrible it looks and they havent said anything about it or tried to change it. The players are rollerblading around the field, if you took their body and took away the field they would look like they are in slow motion running, but when you put in the field they cover 10 yards per stride. The improvements this year gameplay wise in comparison to last year makes Madden 11 look like trash (M06-M09 type trash).

Gameplan/Gameflow is a good idea but they ofcourse halfassed it and it is no where near how good it can be. Locomotion was supposed to be the savior for gameplay but instead it looks like it killed it altogether. Presentation & Franchise we havent heard of yet ofcourse and last year they barely talked about Franchise and it was not that great at all. The showed us presentation and it was a good start, and i kno they have pregame stuff like players getting off the bus, pregame huddle chants, etc. but they havent given us anything extra like NCAA has.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Well, last year, they were doing blogs on things that weren't in the game yet just to fill the weeks. They were talking about things that they were planning on putting in the game, but, in the end, they couldn't get them in for whatever reason. The result was a backlash from the community and a feeling among some(including myself) that they had been lied to.

Fast forward to this year and they are taking a more realistic approach. Everything that they have talked about this year, has been seen in game as opposed to last year, where, most of the time, it was shown using a computer animation program or whatever that was called(you guys know what I'm talking about). I have seen sideline catches in game, didn't see those last year. I have seen locomotion in game, didn't see that last year. I have seen these things in game.

They are only announcing things that can be shown in game. Naturally, you're going to have a longer time in between blogs(as they work on games) and not as many announcements(since you're only announcing what is in game and not what you HOPE to get in the game).

Where did you see locomotion in game? In the gameplay vids I have not seen foot plants or anything like that. I haven't even seen runners do any special moves. And the runs I did see, looked like it wasn't really different than Madden 10 so I don't even know if it was in there or not.

In NCAA, yes. I have seen locomotion in-game, although I hope the end product looks better than that. In Madden though, I have only seen it in the tech demos, just like last year.

If anyone has a vid link with loco during gameplay in Madden 11, please post it.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

They had a locomotion blog this year and it is no where to be found in the gameplay they have shown in the developer series.. the players skate around the field, run in place behind blockers, get tackled by one defender while others try to pile on but just fall to the ground beside them..

soo..less blogs=more productivity? I extremely disagree with that buddy. Everything they blogged about and confirmed with us has not been true in the videos except gameflow, which isn't gameplay so it doesnt even count. they are doing the same thing they did last year when making the game, the difference is that last year we were able to tell them how they got certain things wrong so they could fix it. Remember the running animations last year? The community changed it ( i think it was a horrible change because it is too hard to explain online to a dev what running should look like because they dont comprehend very well with that kind of stuff), this year we have no say in what goes on in the game. The gameplay looks horrible and we cant do anything about it.

Last edited by IndyColts2; 05-10-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Was thinking the same thing.

Ready to see what's next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »