Home

Will Madden 11 finally get the QB back pedal and roll out animation correct??

This is a discussion on Will Madden 11 finally get the QB back pedal and roll out animation correct?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Will Madden 11 finally get the QB back pedal and roll out animation correct??

One thing I always loved about NFL2K5 was how the QB couldn't just turn and run backwards real fast, if you did it was very slow and ackward and almost always resulted in a sack. But Madden is so arcade like in how as soon as you snap the ball your QB will turn backwards and run really fast. The roll outs are done much better in Madden but still not perfect (I still believe the animation plays so slow sometimes that you are sacked on play action passes before you can even do the play action hand-off).

It should be like 2K5 where you are encouraged to go back slowly into the pocket in a controlled manner. And rollouts should be a bit more smoothly animated. Honestly there's nothing that breaks the illusion of realism more in Madden IMO than the fact that every play begins with the QB turning around and running like a buffoon backwards, which simply never happens in the real NFL.

Does anyone know if this will be fixed (finally) in Madden 11??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Will Madden 11 finally get the QB back pedal and roll out animation correct??

It's not the biggest complaint I have, but I wish they had the system from APF. The QB movement in that game just looks so good.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Will Madden 11 finally get the QB back pedal and roll out animation correct??

doubt it has been addressed...But i agree with you...TOTALLY.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

didn't they lock us in a dropback animation last year?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
MVP

there is a drop back animation in Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

You can override the drop back. Just hold the sprint button in while holding back on the stick. Completely ruined all the work on pocket formation, but was completely necessary, because of blitzing.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

And 2K put the # of drop steps in the play. I never know how far the QB is going to drop in Madden, and the # of steps rarely matches the timing of the routes.

Major work needed!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Movement in 2K was very well done. You had to really make sure you were under control before attempting a pass if you wanted it to be accurate. Momentum and foot planting was very well represented. In Madden 10, the QB movement is abysmal. Not just from an aesthetic standpoint but from a practical one too. They tried to add a feeling of momentum to the QB's movements but it just came across like there was a lag between what my fingers were doing and what the QB did onscreen. It felt unresponsive, not more realistic. Ditto for the QB evade stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »