Home

MADDEN 11 PRESENTATION CONFIRMATION

This is a discussion on MADDEN 11 PRESENTATION CONFIRMATION within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #25
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MADDEN 11 PRESENTATION CONFIRMATION

they should take a page from mlb2k10's audio and discuss previous games and upcoming games including player specific stats. "Rodgers has been on a roll as of late including last week when he lit up the bears secondary for 348 yards and 3 td's"

also when discussing upcoming games it should take a look around the league (also like mlb2k10) and talk about games that don't involve the teams currently playing. Make me feel like I'm part of a league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I think more so than "camera work" its what they are presenting. Like others have said just throwing the logo,etc out there is great but if your "compelling content" consists of "The Titans moved from Houston to Nashville in 1998" then you are in trouble. They need things like upcoming schedule, standing, league leaders, with the appropriate accompanying commentary. They keep acting like they are spending a lot of time on presentation but until they include these things properly, then they are wasting their time.
I agree that those things would be nice too, but at the same time if the scenes they're showing look nothing like a broadcast it's still not going to make a difference. Your cameras and the timing of each scene and cut-away are the base you start from. If I show you a post-play scene with a broadcast angle without a stat banner or stat card like the ones you mentioned, it's still going to look like a shot from an actual broadcast because the angle immediately communicates that it's a broadcast. If I show you an angle that looks nothing like a broadcast and I slap up a nice banner, it's going to look out of place, and the best example of that was Madden 10 where you'd have a nice banner and yet the playmaker is getting pushed out of his own scene during the celebration, or half his head is cut off because the camera height is wrong.

You can get away with not having a ton of overlays, but when your shots look so far from broadcast, the scene fails and you don't achieve immersion.

But to put this all into perspective, these are all things they're very much capable of doing, so there really is no either-or situation. They should all be in, should've been in years ago, and there really are no plausible excuses. They're capable of doing it. The frustrating part is that they do their own rendition rather than doing it the way other top sports games do it (like TV does it). I don't want their own special rendition, I just want it done the way a broadcast does it... the direction the rest of the sports games have gone. Tiburon's football teams and their special renditions of broadcast are not broadcast, and they're not good.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 05-12-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #27
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

The commentary in Madden 11 has got to take a GIANT step forward from where it was in Madden 10. The commentary was robotic, tbh. I'm playing NBA 2k10 right now, and I'm still hearing new stuff 6 months or so after the game is out b/c of the NBA Today feature. Madden has to implement something similar, in this day and age there's no excuse. Even the minor details like off topic banter when the game's a blowout would add miles to the depth of the commentary.

As far as Network Presentation is concerned, it would be a welcome addition, but it is not necessary for a game to have great commentary and presentation. People brought up The Show and NBA 2k10 as examples. Madden has to make the commentary flow. No more canned lines. No more robotic commentary. The commentary must go with what happens on the field, no questions asked.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Even tho presention last year was good. I hope this year it is a whole lot better. I just hope they put the cut scenes in the right places at the right time.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #29
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

On the topic of presentation, I got to thinking how long 2K games have had the concept of banter between the sports casters. I went back and threw in 2K1 and listened to it. Sure enough, it had banter in it. It was as detailed as 2K5 or APF2K8, but it's there. Flash forward to 2010, and Madden still lacks banter, has tons of dead space, and still only calls plays/reports what happened. How is that possible?

First, I can't believe 2K had it in the game a decade ago. Second, I can't believe a decade later we're still waiting for EA to get banter into the game. I have little hope for M11 after they put out the video with their head marketing guy talking about 'how do you fill all that space' when touting GameFlow's ability to reduce the amount of play time in a game.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You can have all the pretty ESPN elements you want and have worthless presentation.

You can have totally generic graphics and music and have great presentation.

I personally despise ESPN, so I couldn't care less if they added it so long as the presentation is good despite it. This wasn't really available at CD, so I know little more than anyone else.
Or, you can have totally generic graphics and music and have poor presentation as a result as well.

Personally, I don't care if the presentation elements are easily identifiable with ESPN, Fox, or otherwise - just as long as it's thoughtfully executed.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #31
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Because it isn't an NFL game.

The reason why there hasn't been any real network presentation in madden is due to the NFL wanting NFL network presentation and not ESPN while ESPN doesn't want NFL network presentation and wants their own presentation in the game.

Anyways, as was basically said in previous posts, you can have good presentation without having real network logos (e.g.: NBA 2K10).

There's much more to having good in game presentation than real network logos.
I never get this argument. Obviously the NFL won't let them go with ESPN, but are they afraid of losing ESPN for NCAA and everything else if they go with NFLN for Madden? I doubt it. It's a business. Pick one (probably NFLN if that's what the real League is making them do) and be done with it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #32
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I never get this argument. Obviously the NFL won't let them go with ESPN, but are they afraid of losing ESPN for NCAA and everything else if they go with NFLN for Madden? I doubt it. It's a business. Pick one (probably NFLN if that's what the real League is making them do) and be done with it.
Depending on what was stated in the 15 year contract with ESPN, them putting in NFL network presentation may get EA in trouble with ESPN (more than just losing them).

Anyways, some of the CD guys have confirmed it so it is true. Just trying to get it out to as many people on here as possible since (obviously) the question still gets asked a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »