Home

Why can't EA add physics to madden?

This is a discussion on Why can't EA add physics to madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #57
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why can't EA add physics to madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'm not sure this is the best place for this, but I couldn't see a suggestion area.

What I think OS needs is a section just for football gaming in general on top of the current structure. A place where people *can* discuss all the titles comparitively. There are topics that encompass the genre and not just each specific game, and they should be able to be discussed without bordering on infractions and what not.

I don't mean to criticize, but it seems silly to me to expect people to not talk about BB when it obviously represents the push for physics in Madden, which has been a topic of discussion since the very start of this generation's version. And as I said already, EA via Ian Cummings (I believe) directly referenced BB when on the topic of physics, so it's obviously relevant.

It might get a little confusing to have an area allowing this on top of the current forums and I'm sure some topics will be soured with immaturity but it will at least offer a place for it. Anyway, just an idea - could help keep title specific forums more on topic.
No, what we NEED is a combat forum. Make a forum just for debating/arguing with the only rule being no personal attacks.

It would clean the other forums up in two seconds.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
No, what we NEED is a combat forum. Make a forum just for debating/arguing with the only rule being no personal attacks.

It would clean the other forums up in two seconds.
Battle Royale. It's go time.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Is that really the case though? I mean MLB The Show gets a lot of positive recpeition from the community and casual gamers. The latter hears great things about the game, and goes out to play it. I don't think MLB is filled with much gimmicks and the such. It's a real authentic and realistic baseball experience, which is the demand for all sport titles in this day of age.

I don't buy that casual gamers want gimmicks and they're good. If there was a football title that was much better then Madden because it was more realistic, captures the authenticity of the sport like MLB does, I think that game would be doing very good in relation to Madden currently.
I have a lot of friends who play this game. I am the only one that visits this forum.

One example: Last year, I was waiting for patch 2 to come out. I happened to mention this to a couple of friends who were over in my basement playing madden. Not only did they not know there was a patch 1, but they could not see any reason why there would be a patch in the first place. They thought the game was perfect.

Oh, neither one of them ever even touches sliders either. These guys represent the average madden player. They are going to take whatever EA gives them, as long as there are new features along with it. Those are the guys EA designs this game for. They are not stupid. They've done their research and they know their audience.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #60
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'm not sure this is the best place for this, but I couldn't see a suggestion area.

What I think OS needs is a section just for football gaming in general on top of the current structure. A place where people *can* discuss all the titles comparitively. There are topics that encompass the genre and not just each specific game, and they should be able to be discussed without bordering on infractions and what not.

I don't mean to criticize, but it seems silly to me to expect people to not talk about BB when it obviously represents the push for physics in Madden, which has been a topic of discussion since the very start of this generation's version. And as I said already, EA via Ian Cummings (I believe) directly referenced BB when on the topic of physics, so it's obviously relevant.

It might get a little confusing to have an area allowing this on top of the current forums and I'm sure some topics will be soured with immaturity but it will at least offer a place for it. Anyway, just an idea - could help keep title specific forums more on topic.
here you go
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/football-other/. Ironically no one uses it, yet thats the place for it on OS. There's a corresponding one for basketball as well.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #61
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I hope Madden adds physics soon. Sim are no sim.
Nice one Sage.

Last edited by TracerBullet; 05-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

I really think the new locomotion is going to help a lot of the real issues people have with physics. I have seen backbreaker, and yes i think they have a lot of cool things going on there. But its not absolutely needed. Animations are good as long as the engine is adequate. The locomotion is what annoyed the most and screwed up the majority of the issues. In fixing the locomotion i hope they have made movement more realistic and it seems like that should automatically make animation much better. Physics is cool but the only game breaker for me is a weak franchise mode!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #63
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
here you go
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/football-other/. Ironically no one uses it, yet thats the place for it on OS. There's a corresponding one for basketball as well.
I always thought that was more for the barely known games, like text sims, that black college football game etc.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1

they dont want to spend more money on a game millions already buy just because of the NFL logo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »