Home

Why can't EA add physics to madden?

This is a discussion on Why can't EA add physics to madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Why can't EA add physics to madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I really think the new locomotion is going to help a lot of the real issues people have with physics. I have seen backbreaker, and yes i think they have a lot of cool things going on there. But its not absolutely needed. Animations are good as long as the engine is adequate. The locomotion is what annoyed the most and screwed up the majority of the issues. In fixing the locomotion i hope they have made movement more realistic and it seems like that should automatically make animation much better. Physics is cool but the only game breaker for me is a weak franchise mode!
Not sure how far most people on this forum go back as far as gaming goes..but locomotion is a old technology sort of like the combustion engine is today. .. digging for oil when there's "Zero Point Energy" is counterproductive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #66
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline
Not sure how far most people on this forum go back as far as gaming goes..but locomotion is a old technology sort of like the combustion engine is today. .. digging for oil when there's "Zero Point Energy" is counterproductive
No. They had an old locomotion engine. The new one is one they built from scratch.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
No. They had an old locomotion engine. The new one is one they built from scratch.
Just like how they built Madden o6 Next gen from scratch....
Old 06-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Just like how they built Madden o6 Next gen from scratch....
touche...

My thing is this. Would I want madden's animation and physics to work like... that other game hell yes. But I would sacrifice the polish that madden has. Not to mention that overall the game is good. It isnt perfect but I played the game for a while, really long considering the shallowness of the franchise mode.

The locomotion should really help with a lot of physics type issues. Physics would be excellent but if they truly rebuilt the locomotion so that its not a game with guys sliding around the field like melted butter in a skillet then we are definitely looking at an improved product.

Who knows, maybe after the supposed lawsuit loss, we may see an end to the exclusitivity (thank god do you realize its been almost 10 years!) and we will really see what everyone has to offer
Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline
Locomotion is not an "old technology". It's an indispensable part of developing animations in every animation system and technology, and that will never change.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Locomotion is not an "old technology". It's an indispensable part of developing animations in every animation system and technology, and that will never change.
Either way' its not exactly nextgen or a quantum leap in physics...in my opinion...M12 should be about nothing but a all new game engine even if its a failed attempt to use NHL 11's I think we'll all respect that..they never took advantage of the PS3 or the Xbox360 hardware thus current generation ..a developer is only as good as the software..Madden to me was a ol'whore with a new dress on.. i doubt Madden uses more than 25% of the current concoles power..what's really sad is Ea was anti Xbox...they only produced on a ps2 those that didn't care for ps2 couldn't play Madden and I was perfectly fine with it..sidenote' my neighbor who's a geek said that those natural motion guys are currently working on CLOTH PHYSICS now... so w'ell proly see pulled and ripped jerseys...
(((use your imagination))) if the NFL gets scared away from exclusive rights "locomotion" will be maddens new toy and cloth physics will be natural motions new toy...the difference will be night and day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv...&v=H56A9xss8zw

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv...&v=jyTozYZUXIk

Last edited by epicbloodline; 06-01-2010 at 12:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »