Home

I hope IAN and the team has given up on Madden this gen.

This is a discussion on I hope IAN and the team has given up on Madden this gen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #33
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I hope IAN and the team has given up on Madden this gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
As just the average Joe, it just seems like the current systems have all kinds of life to them. And I'm sure we'll all agree there's some awesome games out there. For me anyway...I'm in no mood to spend big bucks on a newer system for quite a while yet.
This. This. This .
Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #34
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
They managed to released last gen Madden and current gen madden while making a new engine in the process.
I honestly dont think they did create a new engine but just threw on " next gen graphics " instead. The engine feels so ancient and limited that they couldnt have possibly created a new one.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 13

I doubt, no matter what recent history suggests, that in this economy we are going to see new consoles arriving any sooner than at least 5 years from now. And the economy may not have bottomed out completely, so it may take even longer.

New consoles are not going to drive enough game sales in the current economic conditions to warrant the huge losses that come with releasing "new" console tech/hardware. It does not make good business sense to try tp put out new hardware in the midst of the "Second Depression"!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I doubt, no matter what recent history suggests, that in this economy we are going to see new consoles arriving any sooner than at least 5 years from now. And the economy may not have bottomed out completely, so it may take even longer.

New consoles are not going to drive enough game sales in the current economic conditions to warrant the huge losses that come with releasing "new" console tech/hardware. It does not make good business sense to try tp put out new hardware in the midst of the "Second Depression"!
took the words out of my mouth!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #37
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
After Visual Concepts screwed up Madden '96 (which never released) EA dumped VC and hired Tiburon.

I just couldn't see that same thing happening again unless Tiburon blew everything and missed the deadlines. Even then I think EA would still work something out with them.
i'm 100% positive that madden 96 was released; i owned it for super nintendo
Old 05-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #38
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
The 10 ton gorilla in the room has always been the engine. EA will tell you that making a new one is impossible due to short development turnover. But you know what? That didn't seem to be an issue between Madden 05/06. They managed to released last gen Madden and current gen madden while making a new engine in the process.

Seems to me the answer is simple. Hire a separate team to work on an engine. They have the money and the resources. They could easily get that done but they don't want to.
Exactly you are making their point for them. You say that they can make an engine in the 1 year cycle. While also saying that the one that they did make during that same 1 year cycle was bad.

It takes more than a year to make a new animation engine. Even more so on one like madden. Most games don't have the amount of animations that Madden has and they take 3 to 5 years to make them.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #39
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I honestly dont think they did create a new engine but just threw on " next gen graphics " instead. The engine feels so ancient and limited that they couldnt have possibly created a new one.
go back and play madden 06 again. that was a completely new engine.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
go back and play madden 06 again. that was a completely new engine.
This. Madden on the last gen was so much smoother and looked so much better than this generation. Their legs actually moved at the speed the player was running. The players on this gen take strides as big as a T-Rex when they're running, it just looks so unnatural and feels completely robotic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »