Home

Question About Some of My Newest Madden Cover Creations

This is a discussion on Question About Some of My Newest Madden Cover Creations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you think of the bevel and emboss in the team logos and everywhere else?
Too little... 0 0%
To much... 2 20.00%
Just right... 3 30.00%
Don't use it at all... 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Question About Some of My Newest Madden Cover Creations

Where do you get your brushes?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Definitely need to drop the bevel/emboss. I'm not a fan of highlighting the team logos more than the players. If anything, I would love to see MORE players on the cover. Maybe 4 players on the cover from across the league with a football field in the background. That would entice more players to pick up a game based on a player they may recognize. I'd use a 3D cover so that depending on which way you view the image, a different player is visible. That's me though. I want to please everyone.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy3351
actually I can tell you that alot of those effects are one click and done. ok so you may have had to do it over for different layers, but I'm just telling you there's nothing mind blowing here. for what it is, its cool...its just nothing to write home about yet. I know it took me a long time to become familiar with photoshop, and just when you think you've got it down, there's always something new to learn.

the saints one is the best out of the bunch, but if I could suggest something, don't bother with the bevel/emboss effect. pretty much all of the "one click" effects just look cheesy and lazy.
Ok... now I understand completely... Thank you very much for elaborating on your comment. After this I will take out all of the bevel and emboss. I also know that these covers are nothing mind blowing, but I just though that it would be different for a change. Again thank you for elaborating... your help is greatly appreciated. I agree 100% about what you said about photoshop... Just couldn't quite understand what you were saying before.

Respectfully,

Michael K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Where do you get your brushes?
If you go to Google and just type in "free paint splatter brushes for photoshop," there should be quite a few places you can get some...

Respectfully,

Michael K.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Definitely need to drop the bevel/emboss. I'm not a fan of highlighting the team logos more than the players. If anything, I would love to see MORE players on the cover. Maybe 4 players on the cover from across the league with a football field in the background. That would entice more players to pick up a game based on a player they may recognize. I'd use a 3D cover so that depending on which way you view the image, a different player is visible. That's me though. I want to please everyone.
Valdarez,

I completely understand where you are coming from... It is not just about the teams, without the players there would be NO teams, so I completely understand. Like I told nyy3351, I thought that I would be different for a change to try something ne, like you said... You have to try and please everyone. I will most definitely be keeping your Idea in mind for future creations... If that is ok with you? Thank you very much for your comments and your positive feedback, I respect that... And like I also told nyy3351. Because of everyone's positive comments I will be taking all of the bevel and emboss out of the covers. However there is still quite a few people who like the team edition covers. So I will be continuing to create the rest of the 32 NFL teams. Again, Like you said... You have to please everyone. If you have any further ideas that you would like to share, I would be glad to listen, so that I can maybe someday create a cover for you that you can be proud of.

Respectfully,

Michael K.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:13 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Ughh that Cowgirls one is horrible. Show me an Eagle cover without the EA logo. Instead put the eagle's logo where "EA Sports" goes. Probably throw in Desean Jackson, Asante Samuel, Lesean Mccoy, and Trent Cole and you'll have some more positive feedback amigo.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StongBeach
Ughh that Cowgirls one is horrible. Show me an Eagle cover without the EA logo. Instead put the eagle's logo where "EA Sports" goes. Probably throw in Desean Jackson, Asante Samuel, Lesean Mccoy, and Trent Cole and you'll have some more positive feedback amigo.
Ok will do... When you say put those particular players in... Do you mean in the stadium masks? or actually on the front cover? Also, would you be against old throwback team editions? For example, old logos old players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #16
Rookie

To All:

I would like to say that for the next couple of weeks I will be very busy shooting some pictures for the magazine Dirt Sports... So I will be a little slow at getting to the covers. But when I have some new ones... I will post them in the custom covers library.

Respectfully,

Michael K.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »