Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Preview (Xbox Live)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Preview (Xbox Live) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Xbox Live Preview Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hey LB when are they gonna give us some clips of the Ravens! Haha

This could be the first year ever the Ravens could be a top 5-7 team used on-line!

Its shaping up to be an interesting year in Baltimore...
Don't know. My plan may be ruined though. I had planned to run a lot of TE Wide/Golden retriever, with the other TE on the line with Heap, Pitta, Dickson, but if they are going to get stone-walled by CB's and they can't use their height and bodyweight/strength advantage against them that's going to be weak. I want to run 3 TE sets, with one on the line, one in the slot and one out wide. That should be monster. But not in this game. CB just press someone a lot larger than him and push him around or stonewall him like nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
WR/DB hasn't changed that much. The giants CB came up and just stopped Jemichael Finley dead in his tracks and held him there and they danced together before Finley could release. WEAK.
Agreed LB. Just saw the video on live. The gameplay as a whole looked great. But the WR getting jammed at the LOS like that by the CB was kind of ugly. Why don't you are one of the CD people send a message to Ian pointing this problem out. So Ian and his crew can tune this a little bit better before it goes gold. But other then that. The gameplay looks good.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 05-17-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Agreed LB. Just saw the video on live. The gamepkay as a whole loked great. But the WR getting jammed at the LOS like that by the CB was kind of ungly. Why don't you are on of the CD people send a message to Ian pointing this problem out. So Ian and his crew can tune this a little bit better before it goes gold. But other then that. The gameplay looks good.
I'm not sure what needs to be done in this area can happen right now because then the WR will probably always get open easy because there really is no technique played by the CB's. It may be programmed but it doesn't work out well. This was one of the big reasons the game's physics was scaled back last year. Last year on CD, I had a 3 catch 139 yd 2 TD performance with Yamon Figurs because the physics caused the CB's to not be able to respond to cuts well at all. It was a huge problem. I have communicated A LOT of things. But I don't think the things I've communicated in this area are going to make it. Run blocking did, so I'm happy with that part.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #28
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Is the timing in the passing game any better, or is the QB still finished with his drop before the WRs make any cuts?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #29
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm not sure what needs to be done in this area can happen right now because then the WR will probably always get open easy because there really is no technique played by the CB's. It may be programmed but it doesn't work out well. This was one of the big reasons the game's physics was scaled back last year. Last year on CD, I had a 3 catch 139 yd 2 TD performance with Yamon Figurs because the physics caused the CB's to not be able to respond to cuts well at all. It was a huge problem. I have communicated A LOT of things. But I don't think the things I've communicated in this area are going to make it. Run blocking did, so I'm happy with that part.
Ya I understand bro. BTW sorry for some misspelled words. In back pain right now. BTW LB I didn't see no gang tackling in those clips. Is pro tak gang tackling still in madden this year??
Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 3

I havent seen the clip yet...but did you just say you saw no gang tackling?

Because this is the very thing we have been discussing all morning.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

i search and i dont find it

can someone post the link

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #32
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Is the timing in the passing game any better, or is the QB still finished with his drop before the WRs make any cuts?
To me in the videos clips I saw on the video it did look like the passing was better from last year. But of course these video clips was most likly played on rookie are pro. How the passing looks on higher levels like on all pro and all madden is hard to tell without video of it. But so far the passing to me looks good for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »