Home

Is Madden 11...

This is a discussion on Is Madden 11... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Is Madden 11...

Trust me when I say the D will be fine. Man people worry to much.Once you play the AI on all pro and above. It will be tuff to move it on the AI. Which we know AI is always been overpowered when you play on all pro and all madden.But I think the D will be fine. No worries here.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I have a question for you PC. So far we have heard about locomotion, catch de-bugging tool, new dual stick controls, new run blocking, and new kicking meter as far as gameplay enhancements. Do they still have GAMEPLAY features or fixes they have not released yet?

I am not asking for any specifics, I just hope that is not all they have done to the gameplay..

Thanks!
I can't answer that man, I'm sorry. I don't think you ment to ask a loaded question, but that's what that is. I cannot talk about anything related to the dev cylce of the game. I can only talk about what they have already talked about. Community Day, in my opinion, was more about getting feedback from the community than it is about revealing information to the community. I like the new locomotion a lot. It isn't perfect, but it better than anything I have played in Madden before [my opinion.] The debugging tool was working great on CD for me. The run blocking was also great. I didn't really mess with the dual stick controls, or if I was, it felt more like locomotion to me so I can't really comment one way or another. I wasn't a fan on the new kicking meter. adembroksi and I both had to go into practice mode to try and figure out the timing of it, but I don't remember anyone else having a problem with it so...? I actually liked the right thumbstick kicking introduced a few years ago to Madden over the A button method.

Those things you mentioned, along with game plan and game flow are all things that truly make Madden 10 obsolete [as adembroksi said in antoher thread.] Having gone back and tried to play Madden 10, I found myself reshelving it. [the pursuit angles in Madden 10 make it unplayable to me, so, I don't play it.]
Old 05-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

I guess when you think about it, generally speaking it will always be offensively orientated. For the most part, and for the majority of users, they spend more time on offense. It's more fun to play on a video game(arguable of course). If you consider two of the bigger features they've plugged in the last couple years have been the Hit Stick and ProTak, both designed to vamp up the defense. it seems about right that they put in a big offensive feature this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Trust me when I say the D will be fine. Man people worry to much.Once you play the AI on all pro and above. It will be tuff to move it on the AI. Which we know AI is always been overpowered when you play on all pro and all madden.But I think the D will be fine. No worries here.
Thank you Mr Expert!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
How do you KNOW this??

And the bolded part above made me lmao....I have yet to see "overpowering AI" in Madden.

What happens on All Madden is NOT an AI boost, it is a ratings change, period. And on All Pro, I easily beat the game every time.....and I'm not even that good. All Pro isn't tough at all.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #13
Rookie

csfan20's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes....i think the lack of realism blocking-wise in previous Maddens is what allowed many of us to be successful....

Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I love defense, so the offense is NOT going to be overpowering...

Later
Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think D is going to be a bit tougher this year due to the locomotion improvements, now anyone on D will have to take proper angles of pursuit. I'm looking forward to this years Madden but I do feel like a lot is being done to improve the O as well. Hopefully the O will not be overpowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #16
Rookie

madden-school's Arena

OVR: 1

Every year the offense looks to be overpowering because EA advertises that, because offense is "sexy" but i think that madden 11 will be about the same as madden 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »