Home

Madden NFL 11: Another Year Without Full Rosters?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Another Year Without Full Rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:07 AM   #73
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Another year without full rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Well, though, there is a big difference. The NCAA guys don't need permission to put players in their game since they don't use names. They also can basically throw random ratings in for the lesser known players.

In Madden, in order to put the extra 1000ish players in the game that would be necessary to be able to compile 80 man rosters with actual players, they would have to do a lot more work. Especially since a lot of those guys might not be on a team for long and would need to be compensated for being in the game (not sure how that works if a player isnt actually in the NFL). It would also be pretty tough to be accurate with the players.

That being said, I want 80 man rosters so bad... I wouldn't even care if they just added a huge list of randomly generated players you could add in the offseason. They could make it easier in franchise mode by giving us 400-500 rookies per offseason instead of the current 250ish.
Head Coach 09 had 80 man rosters. There were some fake filler players in the game but for the most part they had 70-80 real players per team if you started the game in the offseason, plus more real players in the free agent pool.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #74
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Head Coach 09 had 80 man rosters. There were some fake filler players in the game but for the most part they had 70-80 real players per team if you started the game in the offseason, plus more real players in the free agent pool.
And I can see expanded rosters making it in for franchise during the off-season, but what's the point of having an 80 man roster in the main menu when teams are bound by a 53 man roster for 17+ weeks?

The only reason why MLB games have those huge rosters are because each team has several minor league teams in their farm system and even if they send someone down, they're still within the organization. In football, you get cut.

So when I'm going through the opening day rosters, checking attributes before I start my franchise...why the hell should I have 80 dudes on each team when in reality there are 53 per team?

Now in franchise I should have an expanded roster during the off-season. I don't have to start out with one, but if it's possible during the off-season then we have nothing to complain about.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #75
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 11: Another Year Without Full Rosters?

Its like....Children Of The Corn in here....

You guys are very optimistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #76
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
So when I'm going through the opening day rosters, checking attributes before I start my franchise...why the hell should I have 80 dudes on each team when in reality there are 53 per team?
We should have 80 players on the roster when we start our franchise because the game is released during the preseason and this way we can make our own cuts as we go through the preseason. Heck, even if the game was released in December this would be a cool feature because it adds meaning to the preseason. Look at the Head Coach forums and you'll see that there are still plenty of people that enjoy starting in the offseason so they can redo the 2008 Draft and make the cuts they see fit throughout the preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Now in franchise I should have an expanded roster during the off-season. I don't have to start out with one, but if it's possible during the off-season then we have nothing to complain about.
But if they are in fact putting 80 man rosters into Madden, does it really matter who Donny chooses for the final 53 right now? If the players are in the game they could be switched in with the roster management function. Also their is always a roster update on or around the release date anyway. So if they have created 80 players for each team that wouldn't be a big deal either to just swap guys out for online rosters. Its only a tough job if he's got to decide which 53 players per team to create right now with the risk that when the game releases some of those players won't be on rosters and will have to be replaced with players that aren't created and in the game yet because the game doesn't support 80 man rosters.

But I'm not gonna argue anymore. The only point I said before is that Donny's tweet leads me to believe that there won't be full 80 man rosters in M11 and that is discouraging for me IF my conclusion is correct. I as well as all the other outsiders here can't pretend to KNOW for sure whether or not any feature is in the game or not until I actually play it myself.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #77
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Well, though, there is a big difference. The NCAA guys don't need permission to put players in their game since they don't use names. They also can basically throw random ratings in for the lesser known players.

In Madden, in order to put the extra 1000ish players in the game that would be necessary to be able to compile 80 man rosters with actual players, they would have to do a lot more work. Especially since a lot of those guys might not be on a team for long and would need to be compensated for being in the game (not sure how that works if a player isnt actually in the NFL). It would also be pretty tough to be accurate with the players.
The trouble would be creating the players not paying them. There are a lot of players that are members of the NFLPA that are not put in the game or even on teams every year. EA pays the NFLPA to put in real players. They could use any of the players that are members of the PA.

That is why Lavar Arrington was a clone(LB#52 I think) on the older 2000's madden games. He either wasn't part of the PA or decided to opt out of the EA contract.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #78
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
The trouble would be creating the players not paying them. There are a lot of players that are members of the NFLPA that are not put in the game or even on teams every year. EA pays the NFLPA to put in real players. They could use any of the players that are members of the PA.
Solution: Do whatever Head Coach did. Create fake players. Do SOMETHING. This is NOT a good excuse to give us only 53 spots to play with.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37

But I'm not gonna argue anymore. The only point I said before is that Donny's tweet leads me to believe that there won't be full 80 man rosters in M11 and that is discouraging for me IF my conclusion is correct. I as well as all the other outsiders here can't pretend to KNOW for sure whether or not any feature is in the game or not until I actually play it myself.
I am led to believe the same conclusion. It isn't some super secret math formula here.

Donny tweeted he is finalizing the 53 man rosters for Madden 11 + the past 20 years have never had more than 53 on a roster + there has been no confirmation of expanded rosters = (If I had to hypothesize) There will be 53 man rosters in Madden 11.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001

That is why Lavar Arrington was a clone(LB#52 I think) on the older 2000's madden games. He either wasn't part of the PA or decided to opt out of the EA contract.

Sorry this makes no sense...Solution Head Coach 09 had expanded rosters..what did they do?? Ok, Now do that for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »