Home

Are you a madden God?

This is a discussion on Are you a madden God? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Are you a madden God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
You are correct...miss that show terribly.
Indeed.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Well, while we have a semi-random thread going, I thought I might chime in. Our local Game Crazy closed down last year, however, before it did one of my friends who worked there and I were playing Madden 10 on the in-store 360 when some random guy comes in and see us playing. I hear the comment out loud "I smoke anyone at Madden." I quickly go into "O-rly?!?" mode and respond to his open ended challenge, "Alright, let's go. We got it all set up right here."

Fast forward to the end of the half where I am up 21-0 and will be receiving the kick, he proceded to quit and start comming up with every excuse under the sun, like "well I only play on PS3." It's so funny to smash on trash talkers. I have a couple of friends who I taught to play over the years who have told me stories of co-workers who talk smack and challenge them to games of Madden. Often these guys are the best amoung thier friends and suffer from the big fish in a small pool mentality. I let my play do my talking for me.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisyourfather
you really got me there man. So you had to announce to the world you are a developer. That's great. Good for you. My apologies for having fun. You are obviously so much better. I will just bow to your awesomeness and have my leave then. Apparently there is a double standard here. You can talk about developing games but i can't have fun I guess.

It's not surprising some of these games aren't that fun considering people like yourself don't understand the concept and are developing these games.

Isn't the whole point of madden to play against people and win or lose and have fun doing it? It's a game and competitive? Isn't that the point? Why do you play games?
your assuming that just because i post on this site im pretending to be a developer. i use operation sports to find people to play online franchise with or to find info on da next madden.

i never said you shouldnt have fun playing madden or video games for the matter. what i was sayn was is it necessary to announce to the world that you beat someone at madden. no it isnt many ppl have done it even though it might be hard for you to believe. can you imagine what these boards would be like if everyone announced it everytime they one a game online?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
your assuming that just because i post on this site im pretending to be a developer.
i believe he's taking what you said:

Quote:
developing a game i wont get paid for? im a developer now
yea that one was over my head
a bit too seriously
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
i believe he's taking what you said:

a bit too seriously
hahaha funny part is he said that first i was bein sarcastic
its like hes having a conversation with himself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I let my play do my talking for me.
Well, yeah...except for that last post.... of course.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
your assuming that just because i post on this site im pretending to be a developer. i use operation sports to find people to play online franchise with or to find info on da next madden.

i never said you shouldnt have fun playing madden or video games for the matter. what i was sayn was is it necessary to announce to the world that you beat someone at madden. no it isnt many ppl have done it even though it might be hard for you to believe. can you imagine what these boards would be like if everyone announced it everytime they one a game online?
I think you are taking what I said way too seriously. Can some of you guys even tell your *** from your elbow? lol. Anyways yes I can imagine what it would be like. Look at this board now lol. You missed the entire point of my post. I said I don't take these games that seriously, yet everyone in this thread is telling me I do. When you can't even hear what i was saying. Welcome to the internet. Can you imagine if the internet was filled with people who can't even read? Oh wait it is. I said I don't take these games that seriously, yet everyone here is telling me I do.

Just to clarify as I'm writing this i'm also not taking it too seriously. There it is in black and white. Let's see how many people respond that I am. And who is having a conversation with themselves? Yes the internet is so much better your way.

If you can't interpret the massive amounts of sarcasm in my posts you are obviously missing it lol.

Anyways the point of my thread wasn't that I won one game. It was more about playing the game and enjoying it and understanding the history behind it. But of course you are going to make me out to be some guy who got all excited after winning one game, while overlooking hte fact i've been playing madden for years. Did it ever cross your mind i'm not blowing smoke? And am actually really good at this game and know a lot about it? And no i don't take it that seriously. I was just having fun.

Last edited by kgisyourfather; 05-29-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

you are taking this too seriously buddy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »