Home

The Core Problem

This is a discussion on The Core Problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: The Core Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo-Night
The core problem for us is they put out bad games and were stuck with them, and they have money to fix the game. but ea will always sell no matter how good or bad the game is.
Did you also know you don't have to buy the game.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

well until they pull the trigger and scrap the engine, I'm not handing out any "kudo bars" to anyone.

I'm staying away until someone has the sack to do it.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
They didn't have a problem doing it last time...did they? Seriously, EA can just hire two teams. One to develop the engine only and the other to work on the rest. Bingo...job done, everyone's happy.

Everyone...except the suits which is why it's not going to happen. They don't want to spend the money and they wont.
Yes they did have a problem. The whole engine. Also building a new engine means scrapping all the work that they have done on this one. Look at backbreaker and all the features that it is missing right now.

More people would flip out if they went to a featureless Madden than a broken one. Look at all the I want this equipment or franchise feature threads. How do you think those people would react to a game with only a season mode and just basic features.

The one team to work on the engine and another to work on the rest argument doesn't work. You want one team to work on new stuff for this engine, while another works on the new engine? A) a waste of money B) a waste of time(more wasted money). There is no reason to add new features to an engine that is not going to be used after one year. Those features would be used for one game and then they would have to start all over.

They should work on a new engine and release the same game for 2 years (Won't happen.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I wonder if EA released the exact same game but with updated rosters how well it would sell? LOL..seriously..
Old 05-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I wonder if EA released the exact same game but with updated rosters how well it would sell? LOL..seriously..

Seriously? Probably about the same. Sad, but I think true.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
Yes they did have a problem. The whole engine. Also building a new engine means scrapping all the work that they have done on this one. Look at backbreaker and all the features that it is missing right now.

More people would flip out if they went to a featureless Madden than a broken one. Look at all the I want this equipment or franchise feature threads. How do you think those people would react to a game with only a season mode and just basic features.

The one team to work on the engine and another to work on the rest argument doesn't work. You want one team to work on new stuff for this engine, while another works on the new engine? A) a waste of money B) a waste of time(more wasted money). There is no reason to add new features to an engine that is not going to be used after one year. Those features would be used for one game and then they would have to start all over.

They should work on a new engine and release the same game for 2 years (Won't happen.)

They don't have to actually build a new engine. They could license one from a third party. It is done successfully all the time.

There are a billion Unreal and Havok games out there. EA could go this route if they wanted to. The issue has been to this point that they don't want to scrap the engine. Not that they can't.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, I'll bet they could do it for about 2 to 3 years before people would really realize it and get outraged by it. I know some folks joke they do that now but they don't. It would be interesting though to see if they really did that just how long they could get away with it..LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah, I'll bet they could do it for about 2 to 3 years before people would really realize it and get outraged by it. I know some folks joke they do that now but they don't. It would be interesting though to see if they really did that just how long they could get away with it..LOL

Put me in the category of those that thinks that this is BASICALLY what they do now.

People can argue it, but I have played just about every Madden that is, and you will never make me believe that the current gen games play too much differently from last gen. Not saying that they are exactly the same and that they change nothing, but they are much, much, much, much, more similar than they are different.

So yeah. I think they could release an unchanged game with roster updates and still do close to what they are doing now. The way some Madden fans think, they wouldn't even have to sell it at a discount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »