Home

SIM vs. Non-SIM - What are the factors?

This is a discussion on SIM vs. Non-SIM - What are the factors? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #41
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: SIM vs. Non-SIM - What are the factors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey

Come out in shotgun 2 HB 691 Hook (I think that's the exact play). Check for nano. If your opponent matched up to stop the pass, audible to goal line offtackle. Rinse and repeat. The first play is for rocket catching. They smart route the post corner to a shorter route then fire a ball to the sidelines, use the R stick to pull down and get the animation. Boring.

Now, some people who consider themselves sim use that name as an excuse to complain, and that's not what I'm talking about. I don't care about people going for it on 4th down. I don't care about play repetition that much (outside of it being nauseatingly boring). I care about glitches = FG block, rocket catch, PA QB draw, sprint to sidelines on snap, re-blitz style nanos every play, 2, 1, and 0 man rushes consistently... that garbage.
This is what Im talking about right here,Madden devs should be ashamed of their work in this area.There is NO way anyone should be able to audible from shotgun to goaline and succesfully run the ball.When does that happen IRL?Audibles should be kept within reason,like from shotgun to shotgun draw or shotgun run,not a entire formation shift into goaline with no alignment penalties.I dont see how the devs see this every year and not make a simple correction.Allow people to make ridiculous formation shift audibles but have the ref hit them with a penalty or have guys playing out of position,like wr in blocking position,totally miss their blocking assignments.

Alot of people dont mind when people go for it on 4th down.However,when you combine that with the other things you stated,that's when it becomes a problem.Most of the people I have played,that go for it on 4th down,do so because they have some unrealstically succesful play they want to run.They play the odds and figure it can't be stopped everytime.

Which is another thing the Madden devs should be ashamed of.In Tecmo Bowl,if the defense picked your offense play,that play was going to breakdown fast.Your success in that game depended on basic variety and execution.It's now 2010,Madden should have been able to to take this arcadian concept from Tecmo Bowl and innovate by now.In Madden 09 Collinsworth would do a "Backtrack" and show the success rate of a specific offensive play vs a specific defensive play but the numbers didnt mean anything!It was window dressing,plain and simple.Real in-game logic like that would solve alot of these problems.A success rate percentage based on offensive/defensive personnel,off/def playcall,player fatigue,crowd noise and recalculated negatively/positively for formation audibles/line shifts/hot routes plus the gamer still has to execute.

I just came up with that off the top my head and the only think I develop is a headache from this crap going on every year.How can Madden developers look at this stuff every year and not come up with something 10x better than what I just pulled out my just asking?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »