Home

Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow?

This is a discussion on Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
After 20 years of using the same style playbook, I just dont see myself trying to learn something new.
That's a pretty closed minded statement. It's a cool idea, I like it. If they fix the things that personally annoy me (broken IR, nonstop over the shoulder catches, one seasonal progression point), I would love to build my playcalling from scratch using GamePlan.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I think its a good feature and I'm not a fan of gimmicky type stuff. I remember a few years back when we could first build our minute rotations in basketball gaming. I thought I'd never use it....hell I would always do all my subbing manually. I really learned to like the autosub. It added authenticity to the game.

I think gameflow will do the same. It'll hopefully cut down cheesing and it'll be a nice whiff of fresh air for play calling. It certainly does add a depth of realism to the strategy end of things. I'm all for adding more depth.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I liked Game Flow/Plan when playing against the computer. I will not be using it against other users, unless we are playing online, unranked and are using house rules. This is a very sim feature, but it has to be "done right." We all know EA has a history of comming up with great ideas but not following through with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'll be using it for sure. Since it would appear that presentational sequences are not sacrificed, I'm all in.

It'll def add some flavor to occasionally playing as different teams in my franchise. It was cool to go from playing with Dallas to Tampa Bay to Oakland b/c the differences in their playcalling.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm going to be all over that. Custom game planning for each team, for down and distance, and for defending specific personnel groupings--that sounds like heaven! Those two features are huge sim/hardcore additions. I'm also very excited to spend more of the game time on the field than in the playbooks.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm going to just to give my games a more realistic feel to it. When I call my own plays, like some mentioned, I start to air it out more or keep going back to my money plays. By doing those things, I start to go away from the run or certain running plays. By using this, I think it will keep games more balanced. Hopefully, they did a lot of work with this and can replicate what teams do.

One thing that remains to be seen is situational play-calling. What I mean is if it's in the 3rd quarter and your down 24. You wouldn't want to be using Game Flow and it keeps calling running plays on 1st down like what your team normally does in the 1st quarter. Or if it's the reverse and your up big near the end, I don't want to be passing on 3rd down like your team would normally do
Old 06-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

For offense yes, but not for defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

I Will definitely be giving it a try on offense (in my offline franchise). I just wish they added more to it. For an example somehow incorporate the grade of your offense coordinate into it somehow. If my OD had an Grade D, I want to see it affect my offense.

However this will do for now. As long as it isn't buggy for an example give me the same plays over and over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »