Home

Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow?

This is a discussion on Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Wil you use Game Plan-Game Flow?

I might not use it for my own team since I like to adjust on the fly, but I am definitely using it for other teams. I don't think you guys realize how big this feature is.

I am sure here on OS we will make a game-planning thread, where we will make the gameplan for all 32 teams. That way we get a huge difference for each team's style. Now teams wont do sell out blitzes all the time! We can have teams play conservative, teams blitz a lot (Jets), teams that pass a lot on first down (Patriots), and teams that run the ball constantly.

And from there I will study what my next week's opponent does on first down, and other situations. If I look at the Patriots' gameplan and see they like to throw the ball on first down, then I will prepare a defense to expect the pass. This feature will definitiely give variety to franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, I've been waiting on a feature like this. I don't really care about picking my plays; execution is what I enjoy most about the game.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #27
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
I just finished reading the Blog about Game PLan-Flow, and dont think I will be using the "New Feature"

After 20 years of using the same style playbook, I just dont see myself trying to learn something new. I also feel it will be one of those wasted "New Features" that we wont see after this year..

My 2 Cents, wondering what you guys thoughts were..
I'll probably only use it if I'm forced to use it. Meaning if the play calling AI is still so bad that I need to dumb down my own play calling in order to match it like I had to in Madden 10 by using the Beginner play calling. If the play calling AI is good, then I'll be calling my own plays. If locomotion is fixed, route based passing is in, passing is addressed, and DB coverage is addressed, then I'll probably be playing online more than offline, and I won't be using GamePlan/GameFlow at all.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

No. Bad enough there's no pause menu formation subs, but not having them in the huddle kills any chance of me using game flow.

Maybe in a few years once they hash it out. Hopefully they follow up in the future.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Can someone post the URL to the blog? I need to refresh my memory on what this is exactly.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Will absolutely use it, however I am disappointed about the formation subs. Speaking specifically about the formation subs, it is very disappointing. I'm just thinking about the Ravens for a second. The way EA has Ngata, he will line up at DE even if it is a 4 man line YUK. So I will definitely need to go to the play book and manual sub. The same will probably be true for Redskins users with Haynesworth or any other 3-4 team. Their big 5 technique DE's will be the edge rushing DE in Dime Normal, Nickel Normal or any 4 man line D. Y U K!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll try it out and see if it's worth using or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #32
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Will absolutely use it, however I am disappointed about the formation subs. Speaking specifically about the formation subs, it is very disappointing. I'm just thinking about the Ravens for a second. The way EA has Ngata, he will line up at DE even if it is a 4 man line YUK. So I will definitely need to go to the play book and manual sub. The same will probably be true for Redskins users with Haynesworth or any other 3-4 team. Their big 5 technique DE's will be the edge rushing DE in Dime Normal, Nickel Normal or any 4 man line D. Y U K!!!!!!
In offline franchise, I usually use my first game to go through all of the plays and setup the formations with the subs I want. It's how I get the WR I want on the right side of the field, and how I get a balanced rushing attack with my HBs (Barber, Jones, Choice).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »