Home

What's your take on the silence from Tiburon?

This is a discussion on What's your take on the silence from Tiburon? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What does the silence mean to you?
It means there's not much new this year to talk about. 40 30.30%
It means they're holding out till E3 to drop bombs of info. 30 22.73%
It means they're tired of the complaining, so they just shut up. 39 29.55%
It means nothing. 23 17.42%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: What's your take on the silence from Tiburon?

I don't think there's gonna be anything major this year.

They've mentioned locomotion, improved protak, Gus Johnson, fixing up WR AI.

The rest will be improvements or additions to current modes like Franchise, Superstar and online Franchise.

EDIT: I should point out I don't think that's a bad thing. I like all the modes they have currently, and I'm happy for those just to be expanded upon while also improving gameplay.

Last edited by Jono078; 06-02-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Guys..Guys..GUYS!!!!!!!

We go through the same ish every single year. "AHH WAIT TILL E3"..

Tell me what news did we get from E3 last year that we didn't know 2 weeks before the event? Whatever is released in the PR is most likely what were going to get. which is improved locomotion,Gameflow, and improved audio/presentation.

I've been here to long and know the routine lol. This is it guys lol.

Sorry but it is.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know how my take is.

We've had silence in the past as well.

If the silence leads to a better game, why not?
Agreed. Better game is what most gamers really want. I imagine they are just raring up for E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't mind the silence from Tiburon themselves. I think peeps including myself are still getting adjusted from 100% interaction to 5% interaction. To those that ridiculed the dev team in the first place and are now asking about the interaction, I say in the words of 'Hov: you've made your bed, now sleep!

What rubs me the wrong way about this year is that we have relatively no straight-up gameplay footage of Madden nor NCAA. What happened to those 3 minute uninterrupted gameplay vids we would typically see in May? We're at a point now that we better be satisfied when the videos debut b/c there won't be any time to change anything.

Last year, we as a community were able to give feedback on the pass rush and other aspects of the game. This year, if the pass rush (for some reason) needs work, we'll have to hope for a day 1 patch or something.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Silence? The only difference between this year and last year is the direct forum interaction. We've received our info in a much better fashion. When it's out, it's out. Last year they tried to release info on a schedule, and all it did was create backlash when it didn't come out on time.

Theres been 6 blogs thus far, the first was our introduction to M11. Then we heard about the catch debugging tool. Then, in my opinion, the game's biggest addition/upgrade/change locomotion. Dual stick controls was introduced shortly after. Gameflow and game planning was just announced a few weeks ago, we then got a blog about the significant changes and improvements in run blocking. And just yesterday, a seventh blog was released(while it's not an official EA blog, it is a blog), Online Scouting. Not to mention, alot of what we've seen in the 'little brother' NCAA 11 blogs, has been confirmed to also been in M11.

We've had plenty of info. It's hardly been silent. I suggest, if you really feel like theres been nothing announced, that you go re-read what you've already forgotten about.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-archive.html

Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Silence? The only difference between this year and last year is the direct forum interaction. We've received our info in a much better fashion. When it's out, it's out. Last year they tried to release info on a schedule, and all it did was create backlash when it didn't come out on time.

Theres been 6 blogs thus far, the first was our introduction to M11. Then we heard about the catch debugging tool. Then, in my opinion, the game's biggest addition/upgrade/change locomotion. Dual stick controls was introduced shortly after. Gameflow and game planning was just announced a few weeks ago, we then got a blog about the significant changes and improvements in run blocking. And just yesterday, a seventh blog was released(while it's not an official EA blog, it is a blog), Online Scouting. Not to mention, alot of what we've seen in the 'little brother' NCAA 11 blogs, has been confirmed to also been in M11.

We've had plenty of info. It's hardly been silent. I suggest, if you really feel like theres been nothing announced, that you go re-read what you've already forgotten about.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-archive.html
My man...we are 2 months before release and we have 0 videos of official gameplay.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
My man...we are 2 months before release and we have 0 videos of official gameplay.
We've definitely had video footage. We've seen the game in previews and feature write ups. Last year, we were given a full length video... I believe that came just before, or just after E3. And E3 will definitely provided more than enough gameplay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Guys..Guys..GUYS!!!!!!!

We go through the same ish every single year. "AHH WAIT TILL E3"..

Tell me what news did we get from E3 last year that we didn't know 2 weeks before the event? Whatever is released in the PR is most likely what were going to get. which is improved locomotion,Gameflow, and improved audio/presentation.

I've been here to long and know the routine lol. This is it guys lol.

Sorry but it is.
Oh, so they've already talked about Franchise mode? Or how about the presentation upgrades? Or the possible changes to online besides the new scouting reports? I think there's still much more to be released. IMO, there's no need to jump the gun at least until E3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »